Hi everyone

Your place to talk about your Bootle memories
Elaine

Author Topic
Elaine

United Kingdom
6 Posts
Posted - 16 Jan 2006 : 14:12:18
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,
i`m new here so thought i`d introduce myself
looks an interesting place and hopefully i can be of some help to some of you as i live just on the border of bootle myself..
bye for now
Elaine..

iplummer
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts
Posted - 01 Feb 2006 : 22:54:41
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Elaine

Hope you are enjoying the site it sure does bring back some memories. I live in North Wales now but was born and bred in Bootle.

Irene

henry
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
98 Posts
Posted - 02 Feb 2006 : 16:55:14

FAO IPLUMMER
NOS STAR YAKKY DA HOPE THATS THE WAY YOU SPELL IT AND ALL THE BEST FROM BOOTLE

Glenys
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
35 Posts
Posted - 02 Feb 2006 : 19:23:48

No Henry - at least you tried!!

iplummer
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts
Posted - 02 Feb 2006 : 22:33:30

quote:
Originally posted by henry

FAO IPLUMMER
NOS STAR YAKKY DA HOPE THATS THE WAY YOU SPELL IT AND ALL THE BEST FROM BOOTLE

Hi Henry - hope this gets through - your are near right but my Welsh is as good as yours although I have lived here for 25 years now. How are thing in Bootle these days - haven't been back for a while

Irene

Jan
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
110 Posts
Posted - 03 Feb 2006 : 23:54:33

Hiya Irene,

I lived in North Wales for 7 years! picked up a bit of the lingo
nos da (goodnight) bore da (good morning) croeso (pronounced croyso) welcome.

All the best

Jan
efc46

me dad was from Conway Sorry Conwy when I was about 20 the ald fella cum home from werk (he was a plasterer) furmin an said bloody scouser called me a foreigner today but ya are I said well#**# " IVE been in LIverpool since1927 dont mind Taffy but IM know Foreigner" Istill think of it with a smile
Davey Rowlands Bootle