Bootle Schools

Your place to talk about your Bootle memories
tipster

Stop changing the topic Evan, do you still want a straightner :twisted: :wink: , and you can bring your gang as well if you want, I am not scared of any one, because i was in a gang from Bootle, who used to fight the Marsh Lane gang, Alright it was 30 odd years ago,But i will if you will.
I knew you were no good when you tried to bribe me with a tenner :lol: :lol:
TONY
JULIA ARROWSMITH

Hold on im not in any gang I will turn the other cheek on that remark :roll: :roll:
julia arrowsmith
evanfawcett

JULIA ARROWSMITH wrote:im on your side evan : :D :D
Thank you for being on my side. Now, may I ask a favour.
Could you please nip down to Marsh Lane and give that Tipster fella a clip round the earole for me. I wouldn't as you to do this if I could do it myself and I also think he might be bigger than me.

Thank you Julia, I owe you one.
evanfawcett

JULIA ARROWSMITH wrote:im on your side evan : :D :D
Hey Julia,

you might need this.....K...... I had it left over from the last post.
Eddy Lloyd

Evan take him on mate I was in the Marsh Lane gang, he's a pussy :D They used to cry when we had a snow ball fight :D .
On a serious note I do like a good debate Evan but only to a certain point I'm more of a humourist than anything and sometimes I make light of something just to get a laugh, sometimes it backfires on me :oops: :oops: I respect eveybodys points of view and rarely take umbridge unless someone gets nasty, not that anyone has on the above subjects I just find it a tad heavy for me. Having said that I have enjoyed the historical facts and the differing views that have been put but I'd rather be the one that gets the tray out and start a sing song :D :D
evanfawcett

tipster wrote:Stop changing the topic Evan, do you still want a straightner :twisted: :wink: , and you can bring your gang as well if you want, I am not scared of any one, because i was in a gang from Bootle, who used to fight the Marsh Lane gang, Alright it was 30 odd years ago,But i will if you will.
I knew you were no good when you tried to bribe me with a tenner :lol: :lol:
I know you were in a gang 30 odd years ago, I was the boss of that gang remember, although my name was different back then, so you probably won't be able to recall who I was. Anyway, you haven't kept up your dues so your out of the gang and on yer own. Think about it before I come down the to sort you out; and another thing we was gunna chuck you out of the gang anyway.

You will be hearing from me. Big E.
tipster

Evan, i suggest you get your new pussy friend(eddy),as you will need all the help you can get, And you can not throw me out, Cos im cock of the gang,And Eddy was only in the Marsh lane gang to hold the coats :wink:
TONY
evanfawcett

Eddy Lloyd wrote:Evan take him on mate I was in the Marsh Lane gang, he's a pussy :D They used to cry when we had a snow ball fight :D .
On a serious note I do like a good debate Evan but only to a certain point I'm more of a humourist than anything and sometimes I make light of something just to get a laugh, sometimes it backfires on me :oops: :oops: I respect eveybodys points of view and rarely take umbridge unless someone gets nasty, not that anyone has on the above subjects I just find it a tad heavy for me. Having said that I have enjoyed the historical facts and the differing views that have been put but I'd rather be the one that gets the tray out and start a sing song :D :D
Thanks Ed,

I like that you can be serious sometimes and I like the diverse subjects that you are able to talk about. You have a great sense of humor and I've enjoyed the laughs I've had from you. Thank you for your encouragement to take on that Tipster fella it'll be a lot easier now that I know he cries at snowball fights. Give me a shout when it next snows in Bootle and I'll try to get over there to give the Tipster a good cry.

You take care of yourslf and I'll see ya later. E
Eddy Lloyd

I was looking for him the other week when it snowed Evan.......he didn't show :D :D :D
evanfawcett

tipster wrote:Evan, i suggest you get your new pussy friend(eddy),as you will need all the help you can get, And you can not throw me out, Cos im cock of the gang,And Eddy was only in the Marsh lane gang to hold the coats :wink:

Check this out TIPSTER you're out of the gang forthwith. My solicitor is putting the final notice together to secure your your expulsion.
Eddy Lloyd will now be my second in command and yer OUT! HEAR ME.
He gets the car and the credit card for unlimited petrol and you are OUT!
Don't argue with me, YER OUT! Don't come crawlin back because like I said "YER OUT!"
Eddy might want to show you some compassion because he has a big heart and sometimes he can be a soft touch but don't bank on it. Anyway the whole gang want you out, there aint no one who wants you in no more.
So, on yer bike and make yerself scarce.

Your pal THE Big E.
Eddy Lloyd

Ha ha ha ha hold the coats :D love it. Nobody wore coats then Tony. And nobody trusted any one enough to let them hold a coat if they had one :D :D
tipster

Oh come on Eddy what about the crombie, or are you so much older than me, And as for Evan, handbags it is, forget your back up and friends, fancy asking a woman to represent you. YOU WHIMP, were and when. This means war----------------Hang on if i am decalaring war, that may mean there is oil in this ere BOOTLE :wink: :wink: :wink:
TONY
Eddy Lloyd

Tony :D ye I forgot about the crombes mate. :wink:
evanfawcett

tipster wrote:Oh come on Eddy what about the crombie, or are you so much older than me, And as for Evan, handbags it is, forget your back up and friends, fancy asking a woman to represent you. YOU WHIMP, were and when. This means war----------------Hang on if i am decalaring war, that may mean there is oil in this ere BOOTLE :wink: :wink: :wink:
O.K. Tipster, because I am a big man and secure in the knowledge of who and what I am, I do extend to you the hand of friendship with an open invitation to join my new gang whenever you are ready. I am sorry though that I will not demote big Eddy due to his loyal support. Therefore he gets to keep the car and the credit card for an unlimited amount of petrol. Upon your return, you will be provided with the spare moped and a comfortable pair of wellies; these of course must be turned in at the end of every working day. It will be up to you to show some initiative and you must prove to all members that you are able to perform your responsibilities without supervision before you are promoted to the position of General dog'sbody.
Be warned; at the first sign of insubordination you will be stripped of your wellies and your moped priviages will be suspended.
One more thing and then we are done......You will need a note from your mam giving her permission for you to come back into the gang.

Big E.
FrannyD

Hey Evan,
I'm responding to your post re; Jimmy Deering's funeral @ St James' in or around 1968.
I knew Jimmy quite well, he lived in one of the prefabs near Willy's Pawn Shop in Tennyson St. I think there were only two prefabs in that street. His best mate was Brian Moran from "little" Moore St. in fact, Brian's brother is still living there. As far as I know.
Well Evan, I don't get what Jimmy's funeral has to do with this thread, but I'm all ears.
In 1968 I was in Lurgan, NI so I did not know of his demise and I do not know how he died.
I'll leave it at that.
Cheers.
FrannyD
evanfawcett

FrannyD wrote:Hey Evan,
I'm responding to your post re; Jimmy Deering's funeral @ St James' in or around 1968.
I knew Jimmy quite well, he lived in one of the prefabs near Willy's Pawn Shop in Tennyson St. I think there were only two prefabs in that street. His best mate was Brian Moran from "little" Moore St. in fact, Brian's brother is still living there. As far as I know.
Well Evan, I don't get what Jimmy's funeral has to do with this thread, but I'm all ears.
In 1968 I was in Lurgan, NI so I did not know of his demise and I do not know how he died.
I'll leave it at that.
Cheers.
FrannyD
Hey FrannyD,
I'm surprised because I didn't expect to get much of a response about Jimmy. Anyway, I worked at Scott's Bakery with Jimmy for a few years and we were quite close. We were Evertonians and I used to take him and a couple of other friends to their away games Blackpool, Stoke etc...cos I had the car. In 1963 I became serious about my Christian faith (Not religion) and I told all the guys at work. Then the ridicule started; I managed to cope with it for a couple of weeks and then one night at work Jimmy was relentless with his digs at me and I just broke down and sobbed like a baby. I couldn't stop sobbing and Jimmy got so upset. He put his arms around me and told me he was so sorry and of course that just made me worse. From that day on Jimmy never ever said another unkind word to me. I last saw Jimmy a week or so before I left England to come to canada and he wished me luck in my new life. He was excited because he was expecting to move into a council house on Fernhill Road or Vaux Crescent.
On my first trip home I went to Scott's to visit old friends and it was then that I found out that Jimmy had died. The story as I was told goes like this.....Jimmy had been out of work for a number of weeks and he hadn't been talking to his wife. He went off to Goodison Park on a Saturday afternoon to see the game and came straight home afterwards. He walked into his house and said to his wife "I'm going for a lie down, I've got a head ache"
There was a THUD and Jimmy'S little girl went to see what the noise was and came back to her mum saying "daddy's asleep on the floor and won't get up" I think he was in his late 20s early 30s. I heard that his funeral packed the church out and even the steet was crowded with people who knew him. Had I been in England, I would have been there too.
Jimmy was a great guy, one of the best
I hope that answers your question FrannyD but that's about the best I can recall it, so if there are any errors, I do apologize.

Evan.
ed mc donald

ed mc donald wrote:
evanfawcett wrote:
ed mc donald wrote:I thought this thread was about "Bootle Schools" :?
Hi Ed, don't tell me you were educated at a Bootle school. Don't forget, I know you and I know what a little terror you were/are, so don't lie.
Maybe you'd like to get us back on topic and tell us what a fiend you were at school and how you drove some of those poor teachers mad.
Just in case you are wondering....I forgive you. Can you guess what for?

Evan.
Nope.
Are you going to keep me guessing or what.
FrannyD

Thanks, Evan, that was great, I did'nt know anything about that and I smiled when you mentioned the digs Jimmy was giving you. That was his nickname 'Digs' or Digsy.
Thanks again, nice memories.
Cheers.
Franny D
FrannyD

PS.
Evan, I estimate Digsy would have been 31 in 1968. Brian & him were known as the 'long & the short' as Jimmy must hsve been 6'1"or 2 & Brian was only about 5' 0".
We used to go to St Elizebeth's dance together & the Lithy Town Hall.
Great days.
CHeers.
FrannyD
evanfawcett

FrannyD wrote:Thanks, Evan, that was great, I did'nt know anything about that and I smiled when you mentioned the digs Jimmy was giving you. That was his nickname 'Digs' or Digsy.
Thanks again, nice memories.
Cheers.
Franny D
Hi FrannyD, I'm happy to have evoked some happy memories. I didn't know Jimmy had that nickname. He had loads of friends and I was glad to be one of them. That's why it hurt so much when he poked fun at me; actually he didn't poke fun at me, he ridiculed and mocked me until I couldn't take it any longer. I wish I could express the way he apologized to me because he was so sincere and remorseful that it made me cry all the more. Jimmy was a gentleman and like I said before "He never spoke another unkind word to me ever"
FrannyD, you're right on, nice memories.

What's the weather like in California? Evan.
evanfawcett

Eddy Lloyd wrote:You weren't Donkey Balls were you Evan :D :D :D :D

NOPE.
ed mc donald

evanfawcett wrote:

NOPE.
I'm sure "Donkey Balls" went on to Balliol Road School. Teaching geography I think.
evanfawcett

ed mc donald wrote:
evanfawcett wrote:

NOPE.
I'm sure "Donkey Balls" went on to Balliol Road School. Teaching geography I think.
Hey Ed,
Do you remember what subject he taught at St. George's? I do and it wasn't geoghraphy. His real name in case you have forgotten was Riding, from which came riding on a donkey to the Donkey testicles or Balls if you prefer.

Evan
ed mc donald

evanfawcett wrote:
ed mc donald wrote:
evanfawcett wrote:

NOPE.
Hey Ed,
Do you remember what subject he taught at St. George's? I do and it wasn't geoghraphy. His real name in case you have forgotten was Riding, from which came riding on a donkey to the Donkey testicles or Balls if you prefer.

Evan
History? Only guessing now. Maybe even religion.
evanfawcett

ed mc donald wrote:
evanfawcett wrote:
ed mc donald wrote: I'm sure "Donkey Balls" went on to Balliol Road School. Teaching geography I think.
Hey Ed,

Evan

Hey Ed, good secong guess. you are right it was RI.

You're not as daft as you look.

Evan.
ed mc donald

evanfawcett wrote:
ed mc donald wrote:
evanfawcett wrote: Hey Ed,

Evan

Hey Ed, good secong guess. you are right it was RI.

You're not as daft as you look.

Evan.
Maybe that's why the majority of the lads turned out to be athiests.
Thank God !!!
evanfawcett

Hey Ed, It would now appear that you ARE as daft as you look. I'm jokin, don't get your knickers in a twist.
For the record, if most of the guys ended up Atheists as you said, it wasn't because of Mr. Riding but actually fulfills the prophecy.......

"Straight is the gate and narrow is the way but FEW there are that find it. But wide is the road that leads to destruction and MANY there are that tread it's path".

I know I must sound like a religious nutter to you but I rather be nuts and happy than to have to face the soon coming death we all must face with uncertainty and ignorance. Tough it out though Ed. I'm sure you are impressing sombody with your bravado. I won't be able to help you when it's too late.

Your old school chum Evan.
marine

silverfox3448 wrote:hi, i agree with you, was caned so hard the fingers of my right hand swelled up so bad i had to write an essay with my left hand... then got caned again for 'untidy' writing,..but mostly got caned on the whim of the teachers mood....silverfox.
Are you the "silverfox" who used to drink in the Marine in South Rd. about 20 years ago ? If so what are you doing in Java?

Marine
silverfox3448

sorry marine wrong siverfox, when i started work in the 'pilbara' north western australia 1977 i had premature white/silver hair....o.k.grey then!!, i was only 28 years old so the aussi's gave me that name, its stuck to me ever since. why living in java?, wife (javanese) could'nt settle in australia so moved to banyuwangi to be near her family, its o.k. though ferry to bali is only an hour away (where i meet my mates every three months or so)
mneary
elizabeth

well..well..WELL..as far as l can see,there are a few,,too big for there boots...know it all...high and mighty...clever d***s on this topic....GET DOWN OFF THE PEDESTAL WERE YOUR HAVE PUT YOURSELF EVANFAWCETT...JESUS CHRIST...EVEN IF NOBODY ELSE LOVES YOU.YOU LOVE YOURSELF ...A LOT....you and all the others who have criticised and mocked DANNYLEWIS for his spelling faults...SHAME ON YOU ALL...not everyone has the ability to read and write correctlly,as it seems YOU lot all have..but as DANNYLEWIS claims at the very start of this topic...and this is what is was supposed to be all about....in them days we did´nt get very much encouregament from parents or teachers ...but as smoked says,the man knowing his faults ,had the nerve to put his opinion in and start a new topic...and what did he get ....in my opinion ..ABUSE...so to all of you educated people,who know so much about world welfare..religion..wars..who have read so much about everything...TRY LEARNING SOME GOOD MANNERS AND RESPECT FOR OTHERS WHO WERE NOT SO FORTUNATE TO HAVE RECEIVED A BETTER EDUCATION FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER.....please spare my life for the possible spelling mistakes EVANFAWCETT.....AND STOP BLOWING YOURSELF UP....
silverfox3448

i knew danny from those far off days at st monicas in fact his brother was my best mate, danny was/still is a top bloke who would never do you any wrong, and thats good enough for me, no matter what anyone says or thinks,... good on ya danny,
mneary
warbaby

Thank you Danny, Elizabeth and Silverfox for restoring my memories of scousers.
ed mc donald

elizabeth wrote:well..well..WELL..as far as l can see,there are a few,,too big for there boots...know it all...high and mighty...clever d***s on this topic....GET DOWN OFF THE PEDESTAL WERE YOUR HAVE PUT YOURSELF EVANFAWCETT...JESUS CHRIST...EVEN IF NOBODY ELSE LOVES YOU.YOU LOVE YOURSELF ...A LOT....you and all the others who have criticised and mocked DANNYLEWIS for his spelling faults...SHAME ON YOU ALL...not everyone has the ability to read and write correctlly,as it seems YOU lot all have..but as DANNYLEWIS claims at the very start of this topic...and this is what is was supposed to be all about....in them days we did´nt get very much encouregament from parents or teachers ...but as smoked says,the man knowing his faults ,had the nerve to put his opinion in and start a new topic...and what did he get ....in my opinion ..ABUSE...so to all of you educated people,who know so much about world welfare..religion..wars..who have read so much about everything...TRY LEARNING SOME GOOD MANNERS AND RESPECT FOR OTHERS WHO WERE NOT SO FORTUNATE TO HAVE RECEIVED A BETTER EDUCATION FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER.....please spare my life for the possible spelling mistakes EVANFAWCETT.....AND STOP BLOWING YOURSELF UP....

Jeez .Elizabeth
Bit hard on old Evan that. He can't help what he is. He was daft ,in school , as well.
filsgreen

tipster wrote:Pamsy i could not agree with you more, and i can accept negative feedback.even from idiots who can not read or right (write) properly, But when it gets insulting,Then i draw the line, Just checking my spelling now in case Eddy picks me up :oops:
Maybe you should have checked it again, as well as your grammar? :D
mo dee

My dad was a teacher in Balliol Road School and also sttod in for Jack Westby @ Warwick Bolam.......Peter Dee? He was also in Bootle Police in the 50's. I went to Countess of Derby in Netherton.