Bankhall Motors.

Your place to talk about your Bootle memories
filsgreen

I saw this on YouTube earlier. I thought it may be of interest to someone. I Googled Bankhall Motors, nothing came up.

Bonesy

Hi Phil.
Me and my brother had a bodywork and spray booth garage in Bankhall Street about 40 years ago. We never did any private work, we just did body repairs and spray work to the trade.
We never had a name for the business and tbh, I've never heard of Bankhall Motors and Gas Services,
Which don't seem to go hand in hand.
Our unit was based in an old warehouse somewhere between the railway station and Forth Street.
We were told that it was formally used by a coach building company founded in the early 1900s
Can I ask what the Event was on YouTube.

Keith.

Keith
Last edited by Bonesy on Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
filsgreen

Hi Keith. I follow a guy on YouTube, his channel is Bug out vehicles UK. Here is a link to the video.

BOBHAMO

Just seen this Keith a man of talents :D :D
hope you did not use chicken wire and filler :D :D :D :D :D
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
Bonesy

Lots of filler used in them days Bob. We used to call it "cocky" haven't a clue why :lol:
Bob, when decorating work was thin on the ground in the late 70s early 80s, I did a 3 year stint in Fords the "Body in White" department where I learned how to spray paint. After 3 years doing 3 shift system, I'd had enough and went into business with my brother in Bankhall St.

Keith