Hugh Baird

Your place to talk about your Bootle memories
bob. b

Has anyone got a picture of him
filsgreen

Had a quick search, Bob, couldn't find anything, other than he was the mayor of Bootle from 1959-60. :?
Matt

Hi Bob,when I was last in Bootle many years ago all the past Mayors of Bootle had either their portrait or photo on the wall going into the Council Chambers.
Matt
BOBHAMO

A post by Dan who sadley left the forum his contribution with the bootle times was second to non
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
bob. b

Bob, you are a star now l can put a picture of him with me in our house in Canal St
Everyone saying no way
Well now l have the proof mate with them pictures

Thanks, The great Bobhamo

Miss Dan' s input mate on Bootle JOC
bob. b

Thanks, Matt

He came to our house in canal st l have a picture people did not believe me now l have the proof from Bobhamo
Pamsy

I met him as a kid as my best friend was a relative of him.... I didn't like him. Strange what one remembers.
PAM KEEGAN BENICH
Keegan, Carruthers, Rigg, Copland, Lobb, Hough, Mee
born in Bootle
timbolton

Hi,
Apologies I've been away for a while. I've added an image of Hugh Baird when he took Princess Margaret on a tour round Bootle - 17 March 1960.
Regards,
Tim

bob. b

Nice picture Tim, Simon in the background who is the lady with her back to the picture.
EdMcDonald

Not too sure if it's the same Hugh Baird. There was a Hugh Baird that live by us in Bailey Drive. Number 59 I think. His mother was from Northern Island. The house might have been owned by someone with the name of Sands.
Home of the "Edmonton Oilers" Future Stanley Cup Champions. :D
A long way from Duncan B.C. :wink:
sheila

He was a bachelor when he became Mayor and asked my mum to be Mayoress, which she did, plenty of great tales. Then she became Mayor in her own right 1967-68. The night she was inaugurated as Mayor everyone was in the Mayors parlour, Hugh Baird included when all of a sudden he went down like a ton of bricks and we all thought he was dead. turned out he was drunk.
My family tree is full of nuts
lindylou

Hugh Baird was a friend of my Dad Johnny Shields. He always called him Hughie Baird. I think I have a photo of them at a Merseyside Quiz league do. I will have s search for it
Lived in Captains Lane,emigrated to NZ then Oz
bob. b

Lindy Lou please if you can find it.
Regards Bobby :D :D
bob. b

Sheila, got a picture of your Mam in our house in canal st with anuty Rachael and Hugh.
Your mam yes great to me remember she pasted me sixpence was made up
Remember being outside by st John's hall and your mam getting out of the big black cars going into the town hall and her looking at me. :D :D What a lady
I was so sad when everything went to Southport from the Town Hall.

Bobby
Bonesy

sheila wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:33 pm He was a bachelor when he became Mayor and asked my mum to be Mayoress, which she did, plenty of great tales. Then she became Mayor in her own right 1967-68. The night she was inaugurated as Mayor everyone was in the Mayors parlour, Hugh Baird included when all of a sudden he went down like a ton of bricks and we all thought he was dead. turned out he was drunk.
Sheila, is your mum Vera Bray? There was a Keith Bray in my class in school.

Keith
sheila

Keith
No Keith Bray in our family, but interesting maybe he is somewhere in our past.
My family tree is full of nuts