Scott Street football team

Your place to talk about your Bootle memories
degs69

Remember street footy teams ye had to live in that street to play for them. all different ages played. I had to play as a ringer for Scott street they had a good team + Cowper street were ok too. No one plays out now ye would never get 11 people to play now.
Shelagh

Happy memories of children playing outdoors - football, cricket, tennis, rounders! Girls, skipping, hopscotch, rounders, two/three/four balls.
Played in Scott St, during the fifties, also Balfour, Percy, Spencer, Eliot!
Day’s when children knew each other, and everybody else in the area :)
degs69

Ain't it a shame kids don't play anymore they struggle to communicate that much time spent on play stations ha I'm I getting old ha
Eddy Lloyd

We used to play footy and cricket in Trent Street which was facing the police telephone box on Derby Road. Two woodyards were in the street we spent many hours playing in them.
henry

I played cricket and footie in our street and also on the debris at the back of our house which was like a bomb site with great big holes on it and putting our coats down to make the goals and about 15 a side and turn around after 20 goals
Great times and days
HENRY BORN FLORIDA STREET OFF STRAND ROAD
Invicta

Played out all day, only came in when Ma shouted “ yer tea’s ready , you Kenny “
Ours was a new pitch, the T junction Almond Avenue with Musker Drive, great for putting in crosses :lol: Ken