Hotspur Street, Bootle - 1939 Register

Find Bootle friends and family here
Dawn1004

Hi all

Just wondering, does anyone know if Hotspur St, Bootle was missed from the 1939 Register, or perhaps the records were lost, or it was relocated to another location (with boundary changes?)

As I have been looking for 17 Hotspur St in the 1939 Register, electoral rolls show my ancestors as having resided at 17 Hotspur in both 1934 and 1939 (prob in between as well).

But cannot find Hotspur St at all in 1939 Reg.

I posted a query on an ancestry fb page I am following, and others also looked and were unable to locate this street.

So am just wondering if anyone would know the reason for this Bootle St apparently being missed from the Register.

Thanking you in advance.
BOBHAMO

Hotspur street is kirkdale
the Swanns Margeret where there at no 17 up to 1968
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
Bonesy

Well done Bob.

Keith
Dave Bryant

Hi - thanks for this info. My dad lived at number 8 - his father was Hervie Bryant (spelled here as Briant - he changed the spelling because Briant looked too French) . Sometime during the blitz the house was bombed so they moved to Viola Street, where I was born. Mum is from Pelops Street in Kirkdale. I can remember dad taking us to Hotspur St to show us the hole where his house used to be. All the rest of the street seemed Ok, just a gap like a missing tooth at no 8 ..

Shortly after that we moved to New Zealand (1964) and I didn't get back to have another look until the 90's (I think, maybe later) by which time the whole area had changed - much like Bootle itself really. If anyone has any pictures or other details about the road or the bombing, I'd love to hear it.

Dad died 5 years ago, but Mum is still alive at 91 and lives on the Gold Coast of Australia - they get around, these scousers.

Cheers from Waiuku, NZ
Suedewsbury

Does anyone remember my aunt elena mcgann 15 hotspur street she lived with robert hopkins seaman and hus brother james thanks
BOBHAMO

Welcome Sue :D :D
i hope some one can help
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
Cathig

Hi there,
the 1939 records for St John's road & streets Hotspur, Glendower, Oberon, Sylvia (likely others too?) are indeed missing/lost ? I contacted both ancestry & find my past to enquire about these streets, but they unable to find them. My grandmother & great grandmother in Sylvia st at that time. Mum & siblings evacuated to Southport. Nan McCoy & great nan Hart then moved to 18 Hotspur 1945 ish Houses 6 to 14 having been destroyed by then.
My great grandparents Thomas & Mary Ann Hart at 46 Siren st from early 1900s. Mum's Hart family there till the late 1960s.
I have a photo of Mrs Swan snr standing on her door step, not the best quality & other pics of the street. Will find them and post.
BOBHAMO

Image 1962
Image 1949
BOBHAMO
bootle born altcar road
ALAMO2008

Dawn1004 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:23 pm Hi all

Just wondering, does anyone know if Hotspur St, Bootle was missed from the 1939 Register, or perhaps the records were lost, or it was relocated to another location (with boundary changes?)

As I have been looking for 17 Hotspur St in the 1939 Register, electoral rolls show my ancestors as having resided at 17 Hotspur in both 1934 and 1939 (prob in between as well).

But cannot find Hotspur St at all in 1939 Reg.

I posted a query on an ancestry fb page I am following, and others also looked and were unable to locate this street.

So am just wondering if anyone would know the reason for this Bootle St apparently being missed from the Register.

Thanking you in advance.

Hotspur Street of 100 persons was not missed !!! They needed ID cards to move about. This was not a Census.
The Records are there its just you can't view them.

bob. b

Welcome Sue
interesting Post Folks
Bob