Re: Park Street 1947 - 1957

Your place to talk about your Bootle memories
peter c

I'm still looking for anyone who lived in or around Park Street in the 50's. I lived at #21 in the prefab and I'm sure there must be someone still around who lived there too. I have not been able to get any photos of the house or even the street. It would be lovely to see some.

Thanks, Peter C
Vivian

HI I lived in 81 Park Street from 1947 to 1963, but sorry cant remember names from people that end of Park Street. My name was Bromby and lived next door to Brindles and Quinns and also the Ashcrofts were in number 77. Sorry pictures of Park Street.
Park Street born and bred, Christ Church, Eden Vale, Balliol Sec Mod and Bootle Tech.
Bill fawcett

Hi Vivian, are you any relation to Dave Bromby who worked for Avery Scales?

Bill
billygooner

hi peter, I lived around the corner from park street on hawthorne road opposite Christ church school, from 1941-1960. regards billy.
BOBHAMO

bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
Vivian

[quote="Bill fawcett"]Hi Vivian, are you any relation to Dave Bromby who worked for Avery Scales?

Yes Bill I am his sister, unfortunately our Dave died in 2010, how did you know him? Did you work for Avery Scales as well?
Last edited by Vivian on Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Park Street born and bred, Christ Church, Eden Vale, Balliol Sec Mod and Bootle Tech.
Matt

Hi Vivian. I think we have talked before on the subject of Park Street???
My uncle Syd Smith and my aunt Carrie lived in # 91 just up from your family.
Matt
Vivian

Matt wrote:Hi Vivian. I think we have talked before on the subject of Park Street???
My uncle Syd Smith and my aunt Carrie lived in # 91 just up from your family.
Matt
More than possible Matt but unless I go back into all the posts I cant remember :)
peter c

My reply is to BOMHAMO.
The list of residents in the Park Street area was amazing.
After all these years I recognized and remembered a lot of them: Smith, Ranger & Davies all close neighbours of my house at #21. Par Geo Ltd (used to be called "Aunt Sally Soap" I had an uncle who worked there.

Thank you Bohham, whoever you are, I have enjoyed your input.
I still have not heard from anyone who actually lived close to me at 21 Park Street - perhaps I have left it too late. I lived in the prefab at #21 from about 1947 to 1957.

Thanks again.

Peter
Vivian

Bill fawcett wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:04 pm Hi Vivian, are you any relation to Dave Bromby who worked for Avery Scales?

Bill
Hello, have I answered this before? I have not been on this site for a couple of years and can't remember if I told you yes he was my brother, unfortunately he died in November 2010