8 Laburnum Grove , Litherland 

Your place to talk about your Bootle memories
Gareth sephton

Hi am after any info about the above address my family lived there around the late 1930s John & Ellen Sephton
I have a letter I came across saying the moved after the bombing during the blitz what am after is did there road get hit an has anyone got any pics? I looked on the echo website on the map they have where the bombs hit but i cant for the life of me find Laburnum on there but I don't know if the reason for that is if it's a map of the roads of today and not how it was during the war
Thanks Gareth Sephton
bjones

A quick Google brought up this;

http://litherland-digital.co.uk/album_8 ... s_1941.htm

Looks like Laburnum Grove was off Bridge Rd - on the left hand side if you were travelling from Seaforth station toward Linacre Rd. Think the whole of that side of Bridge Road has been redeveloped.
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
nicolas

Map from 1907, move the blue Dot (left side) to the left, to see how the area looks today.

http://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/#zoom=18 ... rs=168&b=1
BOBHAMO

LABURNAM GROVE
is just to the left of the tram
welcome Gareth

no 8 was bombed oui
the grove was still there 1968
better map than mine nicolas :D :D
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
Gareth sephton

Thanks everyone the info is amazing made up with the maps aswell !! The list of names an address what book where they from av seen people post similar info on other pages an wouldn't mind gettin copys to go with where my family lived
BOBHAMO

Gareth my scanner is broke at the moment
so the street directories are photos
the years i have 1911,1938, 1949, 1962 , 1968,
and 1843 to 1900 these do all liverpool
these give a list of all roads and residents
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
Gareth sephton

Av managed to buy 1911 an 1938 gorse discs just waiting for them to be delivered looking for others now
Evertonblue

Sorry I do not have the exact answer to your question. I am also interested if anyone has any information on this area. I was born in 1950 and actually lived at 3, Laburnum Grove between 1950 and 1955. My grandmother lived next door in No.5. I do know that part of it was bombed because it was our play area. When we went out to play I remember we used to tell my mother we were going to play on the bombdies (the bombed out buildings). I also remember a barrage balloon used to be sent up at the weekends. I assume it was the home guard or such like practicing. Also down on Seaforth beach there was a concrete military store and bunker.