St Winfrides

Your place to talk about your Bootle memories
kags

Hi there!
i have just joined the site and i am really enjoying reading all the past memories and photos My name is Karen Colton (Puddifer) ...one of the reasons i found the site was because a really chance meeting with a lady named Moira Connor who was from Bootle and went to St Windfrides the same as me only she is a couple of years older, her dad owned the bike shop called Frank's in Bootle..

I have been sent some photos from Moira one of the infant class in St Winfrides and one of her communion with her brother and a boy named Kevin Hunter...
The class photos is damaged top half missing and she would love to know has anyone out there got a copy.

If anyone out there can tell me how to upload the photos on this site i would be so grateful....

Look forward to hearing from anyone who may remember either Moira or myself
:D
BOBHAMO

Hi KAREN welcome sure you will get replys :lol: :lol:
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
kaycee

Hi Kags

I'm a Kags too :D Sorry, can't help you with the posting a pic thing. All I know is I save it to photobucket, copy a code and paste it here. The pc tells me where to click - simples.

Someone will help you shortly.

I'm interested to see your pic as my mum went to St Winnies - no idea when your pic is from but it would be fab if my mum or her sisters were on it.

This site is brilliant. You'll get to know loads about Bootle. And the people are great too

Have fun

Kaycee
:wink:
tipster

I remember a Puddifer from Winnies, was it in the late 60s, early 70s, you will love the site, if you search on the main page for St winefrieds, there are loads of past threads and pics.
For uploading pics, me being computer dumb, I use some thing called image shack, I installed this, them Image Shack asks you to upload a picture, which you do from your library, then copy and past the code for forums, post this into your message, and that's what works for me, I THINK :lol:
TONY
Daveart

I have been sent some photos from Moira one of the infant class in St Winfrides and one of her communion with her brother and a boy named Kevin Hunter...
The class photos is damaged top half missing and she would love to know has anyone out there got a copy.

If anyone out there can tell me how to upload the photos on this site i would be so grateful....

Hi Kags, Mac has posted this on the Forum site re uploading photos, very helpful. http://www.bootlehistory.co.uk/forum/vi ... php?t=3772

Dave.
Born and lived in Worcester Road, from 1944-1966.
kags

Thankyou for taking the time to reply and i have done as Mack had said but when i paste the image code cannot view pics...but i will not give up..
I went to the winnies in from when i was four and half so Jan 1963 until i left the juniors in 68.. Miss Foley and Miss Cunningham were my first teachers in the huts.
The photo i have from Moira Connor would be around 1960 i will try again to get them on..
I am really enjoying this site :D
lily8

Hi Kags and welcome :D stick with it you will get it I am sure
Lily
scotty

Hi Kags, I went to St. Winefrides, I left about 1961 - I remember those teachers!!

Loretta (Silver Haired Hippy) on Scotty's laptop!
All gave some
Some gave all
lily8

scotty wrote: Loretta (Silver Haired Hippy) on Scotty's laptop!
Will you get off the top of Scottys lap you naughty girl :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lily
scotty

Oh Lily!!! :oops: I am not rising to the occasion by replying to that!!!! :wink: :lol: :lol:

Loretta
All gave some
Some gave all
lily8

Just trying to have a laugh Loretta :lol:
Lily
tipster

Kags do you remember 2 sisters , I think there names were McDaid,
TONY
smoked out

jeanette , collete ,maria and paula ,dont know if they went the winnies though.
Here for entertainment
scotty

Lily, I laughed!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Loretta
All gave some
Some gave all
tipster

Smoked I know Paula and Marie did, thanks for the reminder re first names
TONY
kags

Yes i do remember Marie and Paula McDaid. Think Pauls was the same age as me :D
surestart

tipster wrote:Kags do you remember 2 sisters , I think there names were McDaid,
Paula McDaid was in my class, she wore leg irons, seem to remember being in a hall and we were all cheering because she'd had them taken off.
tipster

Surestart spot on,always remember waiting to get your free milk, I was a alter boy in the Winnies church for a long time too
TONY
Dorothy Sommer

Hi Karen my name is Dorothy Sommer (nee Winrow) my nan Doris Burgess used to be the dinner lady at St Winifreds primary school. When I saw you maiden name as Puddifer I remembered there was a girl I new at Balliol Road High school by that name, could you be that person? :D
Trinity Road Kid
surestart

Dorothy Sommer wrote:Hi Karen my name is Dorothy Sommer (nee Winrow) my nan Doris Burgess used to be the dinner lady at St Winifreds primary school. When I saw you maiden name as Puddifer I remembered there was a girl I new at Balliol Road High school by that name, could you be that person? :D

Hiya Dorothy, you lived in Trinity rd, had a sister Sandra and a brother Arthur :D
Dorothy Sommer

Hi Surestart, that is correct I also have another brother Gary but he was only 7 when we left England. We emigrated to Australia in 1972 and I have been here ever since. I have been using the internet quite a bit trying to locate people that I new but have had no success, this is just wonderful, thank you for replying. Did you know me from Balliol Road High School or St Mary's infant school? Look forward to hearing from you. :D
Trinity Road Kid
lily8

So glad you got a reply Dorothy lets hope you get some more :D
Lily
surestart

Hi Dorothy, I used to live round the corner from you in Brasenose rd, went to school at St Winnies, a few of us used to play together
Dorothy Sommer

Lily8 thanks for your kind words i hope I get some more replies too.

Surestart, you have really got me intrigued I would love to know who I am talking to. I do not know how to continue, can you let me know what to do next. thanks Dot
Trinity Road Kid
BOBHAMO

Hi dorothy just a shot of trinity road and the road tax builiding
i thought i had a photo of your block you lived in no 13
didnt you :lol: :lol:
if i have time tomorrow i will photo your old house
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
lily8

Nice one Bob :D
Lily
Dorothy Sommer

Hi Bobhamo, Yes that is correct I did live at no 13, I was previously on this site back in 2009 but have re-registered as my server was changed and naturally my email address changed also. It is very kind of you to send the photos, I will get my brothers and sister on the site so they can see them too. Thanks again for your support.
Trinity Road Kid
Dorothy Sommer

Lily8, How are you going in far north Queensland with the cyclone? the news shows lots of areas surrounded by water are you affected? be safe. Dot :D
Trinity Road Kid
lily8

Hi Dorothy I put a post on the chat about anything titled cyclone aftermath you can see how we fared :shock: :D
Lily
surestart

Hiya Dorothy, my name is Tony, I used to knock round with a kid called Kevin Von Bargen who lived round the corner from you
Dorothy Sommer

:D Hi Surestart, I do remember the Von Bargen family they lived on Oriel Road. Did you happen to go to the street party that was held on Oriel Road at the bottom of Trinity Road in the GPO area? I can't remember the date possibly between 1968-1970. A girl called Ann don't remember her last name was the Queen she also live on Oriel Road. My brother Arthur used to knock around with a couple of guys who lived further down Oriel Road their surname was May. Great talking to you after all this time.
Trinity Road Kid
oriel55

The girl who was the Queen during the street party in Oriel Road was Anne Sherlock. She lived in number 40 or 42 Oriel Road I think; next door to the Wilson's. She would have gone to St Winifred's.
Dorothy Sommer

Hi Oriel55, thanks for that information I do remember Anne she was a very beautiful young lady. I have contacted the Crosby library to see if they have any photographs of the centenary party that was held on the GPO area or Wilsons at the bottom of Trinity Road, hopefully they will one. Lovely remembering old times. :D
Trinity Road Kid
Philly/Gags

Hi Dorothy, I went to St.Winnies with Annes brother Jacky they had an elder bro Tony, there dad was a porter on oriel station, I lived in Berry St under the subby. I think we all had to serve on the alter whilst at skool eh Tony
Phil Garrity
bootle/dodge/bootle
Chriso

philly tony Sherlock was in the same class as your marty and me as well as henry mullen richie
Emly Street, Anderson Avenue now Edinburgh