What part of Bootle did you live?

Your place to talk about your Bootle memories
doddygirl

I lived in Bowles Street, Knowsley Road,Northfield Road and then Almond Avenue Ford
Don't complain if you wake up early, or late. Just be thankful you woke up.
Vivienc

doddygirl wrote:I lived in Bowles Street, Knowsley Road,Northfield Road and then Almond Avenue Ford
What number Northfield Road we lived 25 Northfiels road last name is Cornmell my brother James still owns the house
Born Northfield rd 1961 from a large family went to Roberts and George's moved to south Africa1985 to 2006 now live in usa
doddygirl

Hi Vivienc, we lived in number 75, there were 6 of us children and Danny Lewis was just down the road from us
Cheers Irene
Don't complain if you wake up early, or late. Just be thankful you woke up.
BillIpho

I lived in Haworth Drive near St.Robert Bellimines,went to school at Roberts then Bootle Tech.Married and moved to Melliing .Next move to Freshfield and then to Clitheroe.Still there?
EdMcDonald

larry nolan wrote:I was born in Pine grove,then we moved to Rutland st ,then to Stanley Rd where dad had his shop, when we sold the shop we went to live in Ennerdale Dr Litherland
Might be wrong here but was Pine Grove off Litherland Road. By the Laburnham Tree (Blobber)
vickinca

born in Canada lived in Fleetwoods Lane for awhile then moved to Melling Road lived there for 5 years came back to Canada 1971 went to St. Matthews church girl guides and the youth group there!!
smile it makes people wonder what you have been up to!
bobdowson

EdMcDonald wrote:
larry nolan wrote:I was born in Pine grove,then we moved to Rutland st ,then to Stanley Rd where dad had his shop, when we sold the shop we went to live in Ennerdale Dr Litherland
Might be wrong here but was Pine Grove off Litherland Road. By the Laburnham Tree (Blobber)
hi Ed if my memory serves me Pine Grove ran between Brookhill Road and recreation street opposite the park, the old Bootle Corpy yard was there. Dad sends his regards he's still going at 92.
bob-d.
Vivienc

doddygirl wrote:Hi Vivienc, we lived in number 75, there were 6 of us children and Danny Lewis was just down the road from us
Cheers Irene
you may of known my sisters and brothers Robert,Doris Sheila or Tommy as I was born 1961 and they are older then me they went to Roberts and St George of England's
Born Northfield rd 1961 from a large family went to Roberts and George's moved to south Africa1985 to 2006 now live in usa
Pamsy

Vivienc wrote:
doddygirl wrote:Hi Vivienc, we lived in number 75, there were 6 of us children and Danny Lewis was just down the road from us
Cheers Irene
you may of known my sisters and brothers Robert,Doris Sheila or Tommy as I was born 1961 and they are older then me they went to Roberts and St George of England's

Hi Viv, what was the surname of your family as I went to Roberts and knew a lot of kids at Georges........
PAM KEEGAN BENICH
Keegan, Carruthers, Rigg, Copland, Lobb, Hough, Mee
born in Bootle
frank delamere

i was born at 209 litherland road, corner off hornby road, later on we lived in 205 litherland road, till we where blitzed out. we then ended up at 211
litherland road, on the opposite side of hornby road, i was the last one of the family to live there. i left in 1976

frank
annesmith

henry wrote:QUASSIMODO THAT NAME RINGS A BELL TOO
Loved your comment made me laugh out loud. only in Liverpool, you are fast and funny
Anne Smith Lived in Roby Street
annesmith

Ar Kid wrote:My bro. -in- law and his wife spent a lot of time in the ODVA,Steve and Mary Jones was the name, he was with the Mersey Docks and Harbour Board and moved to Canada in the 50s,sadly,they are no longer alive. Best regards. Peter.
Mary was my cousin, my dad used to goto to the odva with his brother Alec, we always as kids went to the odva christmas parties.
I emmigrated to Canada and contacted Mary and visited with her in Montreal, Imagine tracking down a jones in a phone book in Canada, but I found her and visited in 84, so glad I got to meet her as an adult. I met her two children David and Trevor.
Ar Kid

Hi Ann, small world with a computer, do miss Mary and Steve, Steve was a real comic very fast with a joke. The boys David and Trevor are doing well but David is having a bad time recovering from the loss of his wife after a long and hard fought battle with cancer .
annesmith

Ar Kid wrote:Hi Ann, small world with a computer, do miss Mary and Steve, Steve was a real comic very fast with a joke. The boys David and Trevor are doing well but David is having a bad time recovering from the loss of his wife after a long and hard fought battle with cancer .
So sorry to hear that, I met his wife and two girls, she was quite young, give my regards to David if you are in touch.
PETER CRAIG

annesmith wrote:
Ar Kid wrote:My bro. -in- law and his wife spent a lot of time in the ODVA,Steve and Mary Jones was the name, he was with the Mersey Docks and Harbour Board and moved to Canada in the 50s,sadly,they are no longer alive. Best regards. Peter.
Mary was my cousin, my dad used to goto to the odva with his brother Alec, we always as kids went to the odva christmas parties.
I emmigrated to Canada and contacted Mary and visited with her in Montreal, Imagine tracking down a jones in a phone book in Canada, but I found her and visited in 84, so glad I got to meet her as an adult. I met her two children David and Trevor.
Welcome to the Bootle forum anne,
Peter.
Finnegan

whacker66 wrote:Hi Larry did you know the Bunclarks in Rutland St
Would that be Eddie Bunclarck and did he have a sister Valerie?
If so, I remember him from Bootler Grammer!
griffo

bobdowson wrote:
EdMcDonald wrote:
hi Ed if my memory serves me Pine Grove ran between Brookhill Road and recreation street opposite the park, the old Bootle Corpy yard was there. Dad sends his regards he's still going at 92.
Pine Grove ran off Waterworks Street and ran parallel to Recreation Street. The map shows Confectionary works (assume Williams Toffee factory) Electric works and Corporation depot by it. Some of my ancestors lived in Recreation Street in 1881 then moved to Lambs Terrace 1901
Bazzer58

Hi all,
I was born in Ormskirk County hospital 1958, as my mum had had TB a couple of years before she could have me and they wanted to keep an eye on her. We lived in 33 Longfellow Street (at the very end by St. Joan of Arc), with my Grandma, Francis Clayton (#22) and my Auntie Marian and Uncle Bob Taylor (#13). We moved to 55 Vaux Crescent in 1970 (around the corner from the ODVA), and I went to Wigan when I got married in 1980. We all (my wife and 3 kids) moved to Canada in 1988, and have been here ever since. My two oldest still remember the few years they were growing up there, but they sound and act like Canadians. The wife and I still have our Scouse accents, but the odd Canadian slang comes out when we go home, and often get teased about. This is a great site/forum, glad I joined.

Barry Clayton
Formerly Longfellow Street, Vaux Crescent, Wigan, now Canada.
Cags293

Bit late with this? My Dad was on Reina del Mar first set off about age 16 1955?Peter Graham
Bootle/Netherton/Bootle/Netherton (and a few places inbetween!)
Christ Church/St Oswalds/Countess of Derby/Hugh Baird
Civil Service/NHS
efc46

Hi davey here born 28/1/46 walton hossy went to solly rd gray st st georges schools worked ryders milk and north mersey iron and steel Demolition all over Tates pulled the mill down Carolina st and cutting up tugs Great job then I went to N Z and aussie been away alooong time but i am still a bootle lad Davey
Davey Rowlands Bootle
sheady

I was born in Bootle hospital, me and my twin sister Beryl, we lived in 36 Byrom street,we are a family of seven,dads name was John Shead and mum was Grace,we were known as Shed,we moved away early sixties to my aunties house in Woodland Road, all seven of us, and her family in a think was a three bedroom house, she had a large family also, we all ended up in Toxeth in 1961,Coltart Road,,
history finder
Gortaphuill

There was a family by the name of Shead who lived in Thackeray Gardens in Orrell from about 1952. I used to play with one of the daughters by the name of Mary. I moved to Bootle in 1960 and I think the Sheads were still there.
Thackeray Gardens, Merton Grove, Walton and Birkdale, now Co Mayo
surestart

Gortaphuill wrote:There was a family by the name of Shead who lived in Thackeray Gardens in Orrell from about 1952. I used to play with one of the daughters by the name of Mary. I moved to Bootle in 1960 and I think the Sheads were still there.

There was a Billy Shead lived at number 23 Brasenose road, he worked at Balliol baths when I was a kid
alan237

BORN and bred in northfield road bootle.
i love bootle
Gortaphuill

Alan 237, Do you have a sister called Joan?
alan237

Did not have a sister called joan.But did have sister called Sylvia davies.
i love bootle
Gortaphuill

Sorry, wrong Alan.
Cags293

burger wrote:i lived in little brookhill rd and went to christ church school thento balliol rd i left school 1955 and worked in the liver buildings.my second name is Burgess. my Mothers maiden name was Eaton i would love to hear from anyone who remember our family.
Just looking through posts and noticed this: I lived near a family called Eaton when I was a little girl. I seem to recall a lady with a sausage dog (hair up in bubbles? Hazel?). I'm sure she would have known my mum Cathy Graham or my Nan, Mary Lake?
Bootle/Netherton/Bootle/Netherton (and a few places inbetween!)
Christ Church/St Oswalds/Countess of Derby/Hugh Baird
Civil Service/NHS
marcos_cu

Hi,
Born in Walton Hospital 1956, lived in Assissian Crescent, Netherton until leaving for uni... back again until moving out for good in the early 80's, Lost my final link to home in 2005 when my Dad died.
Formerly Assissian Crescent, Netherton - Bootle Grammar 1968-72

http://wip330.110mb.com/
http://www.withnellmill.co.uk/
Vivian Mullen

frank delamere wrote:i was born at 209 litherland road, corner off hornby road, later on we lived in 205 litherland road, till we where blitzed out. we then ended up at 211
litherland road, on the opposite side of hornby road, i was the last one of the family to live there. i left in 1976

frank
Hi do you remember a Mary Smith she lived at 121 litherland rd.
Matt

Hi Vivian.Have to tell you that post from Frank was over 7 years ago and he passed away quite a number of years ago.
Matt
bob. b

Hi Bobby lived in 86 canal st loved that street most of my family lived there.
Padraig

Born in Spring Grove and lived there until we moved to 65 Park Street in 1955 went to Christ Church until I went to Google Grammar.
bob. b

Will start to put street numbers with names on this post my mate Bobhamo has got lots
BossHogg

Born on Worcester Road in 1967, moved to Wadham Road when I was still a babe in arms. Moved to Sterrix Lane in 1982, left to join the Royal Military Police in 1986 returning in 1993. Moved to Netherton in Cumbria in 1997 and been here ever since. ;)