What part of Bootle did you live?

Your place to talk about your Bootle memories
lesley

born in Walton park . then Mildmay road no 42 ,gran Muspratt road in seaforth dragged off to wales and then my aunts in Formby
sheila

I was born in Birkdale 1942, the family home in Eliot St had been bombed so my parents were evacuated to Southport. then they were housed in Park Ave off Moor Lane Crosby until their house was rebuilt 1947. We moved back to Eliot St and there I stayed until 1970 and moved to Lunar Drive until 9 years ago when I moved to Warrington.

Sheila :lol:
My family tree is full of nuts
granhet

Born Oriel Road, also lived in Pembroke Road. Bought first home in Prenton, then lived West Yorkshire and now Essex.
mckenna

ro
RonKing wrote:Hi Red Ron
When were you on the buses and which depot? my dad, Sid (Stan) King was at Litherland depot from 1948 until mid 70's. I was there from 1965 to 1970 then at Walton for three years.
Ro n
red ron i wonder are you the red ron who sent a tele gram congratulating my late wife and i on wedding i was a mate of John Wise he was a conductor on the buses Linacre road depot do remember Bill Muncaster ? I ws born in 134 Olivia st 1928 lived there still abomb destroyed the front of our house then moved to 157 Rosalind st been living in Winsford since 1968 George Mckenna
g mckenna
Bonesy

Born 24th March 1954 Beach Lawn Nursing Home, Waterloo.
39 Markfield Road.
Jersey Street 1954
Moved to 20 Mack Grove, Ford in 1955.
Moved back to Markfield Rd 1973.
10 Stewart Ave 1974.
Maisonette's in Litherland Rd 1974.
Mersey Avenue, Maghull 1975.
Lydiate 1980.

Keith
lily8

mckenna wrote:ro
When were you on the buses and which depot? my dad, Sid (Stan) King was at Litherland depot from 1948 until mid 70's. I was there from 1965 to 1970 then at Walton for three years.
Ro n
red ron i wonder are you the red ron who sent a tele gram congratulating my late wife and i on wedding i was a mate of John Wise he was a conductor on the buses Linacre road depot do remember Bill Muncaster ? I ws born in 134 Olivia st 1928 lived there still abomb destroyed the front of our house then moved to 157 Rosalind st been living in Winsford since 1968 George Mckenna
Hi McKenna sorry to say Red Ron passed away some time ago, he was a most respected founder member of the Forum.
Lily
mckenna

lily8 wrote:
mckenna wrote:ro
Ro n
Hi McKenna sorry to say Red Ron passed away some time ago, he was a most respected founder member of the Forum.
:( HI LILY IM VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT RED RON GEORGE
g mckenna
lily8

Hi George it would not surprise me in the least that it was Red Ron who sent the congratulations he was that kind of man. If you look at the opening pages of the "Welcome to the Forum" you will see Rons photo placed as a mark of respect and esteem by Mack. You might also like to do a search on posts by Red Ron and in doing so lose yourself for hours enjoying the laughs and great poems he wrote- a true gent never forgotten. I hope you continue to be involved in the Forum.

Cheers

Lily
Lily
mckenna

lily8 wrote:Hi George it would not surprise me in the least that it was Red Ron who sent the congratulations he was that kind of man. If you look at the opening pages of the "Welcome to the Forum" you will see Rons photo placed as a mark of respect and esteem by Mack. You might also like to do a search on posts by Red Ron and in doing so lose yourself for hours enjoying the laughs and great poems he wrote- a true gent never forgotten. I hope you continue to be involved in the Forum.

Cheers THANKS LILY FOR YOUR INFORMATION ABOUT RON , IVE GOT WONDERFUL MEMORYS ABOUT BOOTLE WHEN I WAS YOUNG I WENT TO BEDFORD ROAD SCHOOL THEN BALIOL ROAD LEFT AT 14 WORK IN SAW MILL IN WELL LANE OFF PARK ROAD THEN THE MERSEY CABLES LINACRE LANE THEN INTO THE ARMY 1946 IWOULDNT KNOW BOOTLE NOW MY SISTER IN LAW LIVES IN SOUTHPORT ROAD SOME DAY ILL TAKE TRIP THERE THANKS AGAIN GEORGE

Lily
g mckenna
Innocent Bystander

Born Walton Hospital then lived in Columban Close, then over to Durham Avenue, then onto the Sefton Estate. a few years exiled in Maghull before moving back to Bootle before moving around with work.
gazV8uk

I'm not actually from Bootle, but am interested in any family connections as my grandparents were from the Ruddy and Garland families that lived in the Millers Bridge area, among others! :)
vinny

I was Born in Walton Hospital 1960 the first 2 years i lived in a prefab nr Berry st not sure exact.. then we moved to clifton walk on the new Marsh Lane estate in 1962 i remember my dad telling me how bad the move was because of Bad weather. Clifton walk was roughley where ryhl or banger st was of Irlam rd . ilived there till 1980 then we moved to Bootle Village in 1981 i moved out of bootle and lived on the Isle of Wight for 2 years then Stockport Cheshire. but came back to Liverpool in 1991 when my dad died to be near me Mum, i lived in Molyneux rd Waterloo then moved over to Brighton-le Sands (Waterloo) nr the Beach in 1999 still here..Keith I notice you lived in Markfield rd did you know Linda Wilson (jinx) or the Chibs from number 2 also Colin Dempsey from Croxteth rd i think i hung around there between 75 till 77 had some laughs around there .!!
Blair Street ..Marsh Lane..Bootle Village..Now Brighton-le-Sands (Waterloo)
VALERIE

HI, I LIVED IN MAY ST. FROM AN INFANT UNTIL AGE 13. MY MOTHER AND HER FAMILY LIVED THERE FROM CHILDHOOD. MOTHER'S FAMILY NAME WAS RENNIE. MY FAMILY NAME WAS WINSTANLEY. NOW LIVE IN U.S.A
Rosie

I was born at 95 brasenose Road Bootle in 1944. The house was right at the end of a row. Next to it was a prefabricated house with a nice garden area. The Sheilds family lived on the other side. Across the road was the Musker, Wiseman and Summers families. I went to st winnies school. In the early 1960's I moved to Lancaster to live after I got married. Then returned to live at 95 brasenose road again, before emigrating to Australia. Our family were called the "Days" and the "Edgars". I now live in Tasmania and am married to a Geordie from South Shields.
n3ttl3

vinny wrote:I was Born in Walton Hospital 1960 the first 2 years i lived in a prefab nr Berry st not sure exact.. then we moved to clifton walk on the new Marsh Lane estate in 1962 i remember my dad telling me how bad the move was because of Bad weather. Clifton walk was roughley where ryhl or banger st was of Irlam rd . ilived there till 1980 then we moved to Bootle Village in 1981 i moved out of bootle and lived on the Isle of Wight for 2 years then Stockport Cheshire. but came back to Liverpool in 1991 when my dad died to be near me Mum, i lived in Molyneux rd Waterloo then moved over to Brighton-le Sands (Waterloo) nr the Beach in 1999 still here..Keith I notice you lived in Markfield rd did you know Linda Wilson (jinx) or the Chibs from number 2 also Colin Dempsey from Croxteth rd i think i hung around there between 75 till 77 had some laughs around there .!!
Hi Vinny

Remember Pamela Chib from school (Georges), can't remember who she was mates with though. Knocked round with a girl called Jean (unfortunately can't remember her surname but she was related to Eric Heifer) who lived in Markfield Road in the last year of school - 1971.

All the best
Annette
Always a Carey, Never a Traitor!
jean eaton

Born Walton hospital 1938. Lived 173 Linacre lane, then 12 Spence av 'til I moved to USA 1959.
vinny

n3ttl3 wrote:
vinny wrote:I was Born in Walton Hospital 1960 the first 2 years i lived in a prefab nr Berry st not sure exact.. then we moved to clifton walk on the new Marsh Lane estate in 1962 i remember my dad telling me how bad the move was because of Bad weather. Clifton walk was roughley where ryhl or banger st was of Irlam rd . ilived there till 1980 then we moved to Bootle Village in 1981 i moved out of bootle and lived on the Isle of Wight for 2 years then Stockport Cheshire. but came back to Liverpool in 1991 when my dad died to be near me Mum, i lived in Molyneux rd Waterloo then moved over to Brighton-le Sands (Waterloo) nr the Beach in 1999 still here..Keith I notice you lived in Markfield rd did you know Linda Wilson (jinx) or the Chibs from number 2 also Colin Dempsey from Croxteth rd i think i hung around there between 75 till 77 had some laughs around there .!!
Hi Vinny

Remember Pamela Chib from school (Georges), can't remember who she was mates with though. Knocked round with a girl called Jean (unfortunately can't remember her surname but she was related to Eric Heifer) who lived in Markfield Road in the last year of school - 1971.

All the best
Annette
Yes I remember Pamla she was a good looking girl think she is in Formby now i went out with her sister for a while Bimla about 1976 she ended up in the states pity we lost touch ..Vinny
Blair Street ..Marsh Lane..Bootle Village..Now Brighton-le-Sands (Waterloo)
Shaun

Born in Fazackerley hospital in 1970.. Lived in the flats on the corner of Merton Road and Litherland Rd (by the Jawbone) moved to Chapel street in the Maisonettes (just off Derby Road) in about 1971..

Moved to Pennington avenue in 1981 and when I moved out I bought my house in Park Lane around the corner just in case the washing machine broke! :lol:
Chapel Street/Derby Road now Park Lane, Bootle
raybould-walter20101@hotm

hello everyone.I was born in Walton ozzy in 1944.spent my early childhood scally'ing around Hornby road,and the north park.we used to try to throw stone's at the steam engine's passing by our back jigger, to get the driver or fireman to throw coal back at us.sometime it worked.my family moved up to wolfenden ave,off Fernhill road.about 1948.about 20 years later, we moved to Netherton.Imoved from netherton around 1982. with my employment.To Warrington. I have a sister who has lived in Bootle all her life. My main job while in Bootle was a HGV driver. I was also a Bus conductor at the Ribble and the Corp'y, before passing my test as a driver and moving on to driving wagon's...cheer's. Wally Raybould.
jean eaton

Welcome Wally to the forum. I was born a few years before you at Walton Hospital. Lived on Spence ave, also off Fernhill road.
raybould-walter20101@hotm

jean eaton wrote:Welcome Wally to the forum. I was born a few years before you at Walton Hospital. Lived on Spence ave, also off Fernhill road.
Thank's Jean, for your welcome. I am new to the internet as well as this forum. I visit Bootle whenever i can. part's of the Fernhill road area have changed over the years and Wolfenden avenue in part's could do with a little TLC....cheer's.
CathieB

kenswayken wrote:Born in Brookhill Road, moved to St Margarets Grove, Ford aged 4.
Bought first house in Barnfield Close, 1970 then 1975 moved to Netherton Green, stayed 11 months before moving to High Wycombe in Bucks and on to Kent in 1981. Since aged 4 only ever lived in new houses, that is we were first occupant, this one we've been in 30 years in October. :wink: Ken
I was on Netherton Green the same time as you, Ken - I lived there between for about 7 years from 1975. I was in 27A, in the corner. Where were you!?

We moved around a bit - Aughton, Warlingham in Surrey, Harrow, Henfield in Sussex, and then we emigrated to America.
Cathie Black (nee Murphy), formerly of Menai Road, Bootle, now in North Carolina, USA

www.fredcat.net
CathieB

Born in Walton Hospital in 1956, went home to Coleridge Street, next door to the woodyard.
Moved to Menai Road when I was 5,
Left home at 19 when I moved to Netherton Green,
then to Blundellsands,
then to Aughton when I started working in the NHS.
Moved down south to Warlingham in Surrey for my job,
then to Harrow in Middlesex, still in the NHS,
then to Henfield in Sussex, still in the NHS,
then emigrated to the USA.

I retired in 2009 at the age of 53. Yay!!

Will be moving again next year to a smaller place here in North Carolina. Wanna put a pool in the new place just like here.

I really miss Bootle. I go back only for family funerals and only when I can (which have been far too frequent recently - aunt, brother, father, uncle). Wish I could go back every year and stay for a month.
Cathie Black (nee Murphy), formerly of Menai Road, Bootle, now in North Carolina, USA

www.fredcat.net
jean eaton

Cathie, I had to look up "The Diary of Fredcat", started to read it and will read more later. What a cute story,. Jean
CathieB

jean eaton wrote:Cathie, I had to look up "The Diary of Fredcat", started to read it and will read more later. What a cute story,. Jean
I hope you enjoy it! I stopped it after he died in 2007, restarted it again when I had two new cats come to live here but stopped it finally because, new cats or not, my heart wasn't in it.

This is when Fredcat died
www.Fredcat.net/fredcatmemories.HTML

These are the condolences we received when he died - they came from all over the world!
www.Fredcat.net/fredcatcondolences.html

Some people even gave money directly to Fredcat's vet in Fredcat's memory!! I was so moved.

If you click on Tails in the right hand yellow bar you'll come to a series of long stories. My favorite is called Wedding bells because it's loosely based around our son's wedding which we came back to England for.

The later stuff is much beter than the earlier Diary entries.

Let me know what you think!

www.fredcat.net
margaret willee

I was born in Walton hospital , 1940
lived in 10 Lunt rd . till 1952.
then 274 Marsh Lane .
moved to 91 Baily Drive in 1965 ..... Margaret
have a great day .......
terryb

b.sefton gen brought up linacre rd married marsh ln girl st james, 1st house gower st 2nd gonville rd am i exepted. :)
sheady

I'm a twin and we were born my sister,at bootle hospital,we lived in byron street,we move up to edge hill in 1961,i was only eight when we left but my older brothers and sisters have great memories of bootle,dad john worked in linacre lane gas works,the christmas partys i always remember,,,
history finder
burger

i lived in little brookhill rd and went to christ church school thento balliol rd i left school 1955 and worked in the liver buildings.my second name is Burgess. my Mothers maiden name was Eaton i would love to hear from anyone who remember our family.
RYTER2

Hi burger,

Welcome to the Bootle Forum and Good Luck in finding people who knew your family. You will probably have more success if you post a message in the Looking for Family and Friends Section

I have sent you a PM.

Ryter
PETER CRAIG

burger wrote:i lived in little brookhill rd and went to christ church school thento balliol rd i left school 1955 and worked in the liver buildings.my second name is Burgess. my Mothers maiden name was Eaton i would love to hear from anyone who remember our family.
A big welcome to the Bootle forum burger,
Peter.
FLloyd43

Hi everyone, I was born in Keble Road in October 1943 only child of Freda and James Lloyd (dock labourer). Shortly after moved to Pembroke Road (opposite The Banjo) 'till approx. 1975. Moved to Wadham Road approximately 1975 - 1998. Then to The Northern Road, Crosby from 1998 to 2002. Then to The Serpentine South, Blundellsands and now Netherton from 2003.

Pembroke Road and Wadham Road have by far the best memories.

Freda
Styxxx

Hi all - I was born in Flint Street off Marsh Lane - left Flint street at age 7 and moved to Chester Ave in Netherton. Started school at St james, then moved to Our Lady of Walsingham and lastly to St thomas Aquinas in Ford.

left school and originally worked at braby's on Bridal road but later picked up an electrical apprenticeship with Campbell & Isherword on hawthorne Road. Spent a couple of years at bootle college. Left the Uk aged 22 and moved to Western Australia. 18 years in the sunny pilbara (google it and have a laugh) now living in Mandurah WA

Shame - the Tommies has gone and so has bootle college - amazing

Laurence (pop) Mccarthy
If it aint broke leave it alone
Bill Tomo

I lived in Keble road in 1964 in a flat owned by a Mr., Davies who lived on the ground floor, I used to play dart's for the Bedford, and my best mate was Norman Carlson who lived in Wadham road, I was best man at his wedding..

Do you know him, best wishes, Bill Tomo..

P/S Mr, Davie's was a horrible man. :!: :x
OurPhil

Styxxx wrote:Hi all - I was born in Flint Street off Marsh Lane - left Flint street at age 7 and moved to Chester Ave in Netherton. Started school at St james, then moved to Our Lady of Walsingham and lastly to St thomas Aquinas in Ford.

left school and originally worked at braby's on Bridal road but later picked up an electrical apprenticeship with Campbell & Isherword on hawthorne Road. Spent a couple of years at bootle college. Left the Uk aged 22 and moved to Western Australia. 18 years in the sunny pilbara (google it and have a laugh) now living in Mandurah WA

Shame - the Tommies has gone and so has bootle college - amazing

Laurence (pop) Mccarthy
Hello, Styxxx!

When where you at Thommies? I was there early 60s.
" Open wide your sails, let them be filled with the Winds from Heaven. "