What part of Bootle did you live?

Your place to talk about your Bootle memories
Vivian

Matt wrote:Hi Vivian.Have to tell you that post from Frank was over 7 years ago and he passed away quite a number of years ago.
Matt
sorry to hear that and haven't been on site for a while.
Park Street born and bred, Christ Church, Eden Vale, Balliol Sec Mod and Bootle Tech.
Vivian

Padraig wrote:Born in Spring Grove and lived there until we moved to 65 Park Street in 1955 went to Christ Church until I went to Google Grammar.
Hi, Google Grammar must have been good :P :D
Park Street born and bred, Christ Church, Eden Vale, Balliol Sec Mod and Bootle Tech.
Padraig

Vivian, sorry about that, I meant Bootle Grammar but the laptop couldn't spell it
Vivian

Padraig wrote:Vivian, sorry about that, I meant Bootle Grammar but the laptop couldn't spell it
Hi nothing to be sorry about, just a mistake by computer and me just have a hahahahaha about it :)
Alib

Red ron

Did you say you lived at 208 kings avenue? That was my nan and grandads address, when did you live there ?
Matt

My friend Ron Sherington (red ron) passed away in 2007.We were planning a trip for him
to come visit me on Vancouver Island and go whale watching when his best friend Ron (George)Waters
broke the terrible news about him.I miss him and always will.
Matt
bob. b

Was red ron from Canal st. Matt

Bobby
Matt

Sorry bob.b I could not really tell you just where Red Ron was from.'We became good friends
because of Mack's wonderful idea of starting a Bootle Forum and Sheila and I had two wonderful days
being shown round Bootle and a meet up at Christ Church by "The 2 Ronnies"(Ron Sherington and Ron Waters)
when we came to UK in 20???? Cannot remember the year.Just one of those bits of information I have lost since
my strokes :cry:
Matt
Patricia warby

Hi people, has any-one got any photos of Stan waters canteen on the dock road? I am 67 now but used to work there when I was 15 and my supervisor was Maggie quin a lovely lady. Also does anyone know Graham Waters whose grandfather was the owner. If any one can help then thank you very much.
Patricia warby

Sheila Graham wrote:I was born in the ded posh part of Bootle:-))...In Fernhill Road opposite the old fever hospital (then St Monica's). My mum & dad moved there about 1934, it was new then. Prior to that they lived in a railway cottage down Derby Road way...I think they did. I do wish I had documented all of her memories before she died. I read about Vera Bray and playing the piano in the Odva, which was three minutes from our house. My mum used to talk about Vera...I am not sure whether they knew each other but I know I got teary eyed when I first joined this list and saw Vera's name..I wished my mum was here to tell her...:-) sheila.g
PS. In 1970 mum moved to Harrops Croft, Netherton, or is it Sefton.?
bob. b

Matt Red Ron did live in Canal street you take care