Garrick Street

Find Bootle friends and family here
J.F.G

Hello

I am trying to trace one of my great uncle's, Owen Boylan b1918, we have a death certificate which shows he was dead on arrival at Bootle Hospital on 12th August 1955 aged 36 years. this gives his address as 7 Garrick street, he was identified by his Sister Ann Quinn living at 16 Garrick Street, Cannot find the location of Garrick Street, I take it has been demolished ?

Any information would be welcome

Kind Regards

John

J.F.G
Thommos sister

1938 Kelly's Gore Directory has the road in Litherland with only one house listed. I'll have a look in 1939 index. T.S
Last edited by Thommos sister on Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
BOBHAMO

Garrick street is off smithdown road
oppasite toxteth cemertery
they where sold off £1 each for new buyers
also as tomos sister has posted off pamerston drive
a small street with just 16 houses
http://www.litherland-digital.co.uk/alb ... ctors.html
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
lily8

Nice one Teens and Bob :D
Lily
Thommos sister

Hi Bob thanks mate. Yes I knew Garrick St, it was Lpool 7, Wavertree was Lpool 15, we didn't mix much with that end of Smithy Road ha ha..... :D
Tried to find a Quinn/Boylan marriage with no luck. Tried to find Owen's birth, only one in Middlesborough as Boylen.
Last edited by Thommos sister on Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
J.F.G

Hello Folks

Thanks for your efforts, I have found a 1907 map which shows Garrick street as a small street backing onto the railway, off Irving street which ran between Palmerston Drive and Phelps street, a modern map shows this area as a childrens park and new houses.

The next time we visit Liverpool, we will have to make a trip to Crosby Library and look at the voters register.

Kind regards

John

J.F.G
BOBHAMO

John the area was none as the cinder path from after the war
it was a shortcut from hornby road to seaforth
at the end there was the fair a great place
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
J.F.G

Thanks Bobhamo

It is nice to see the old Cinder path has been made to look a lot nicer than it was, my Gran lived in Longfield Road opposite the Match works, I remember as a child in the 60's walking down to the cinder path by Hornby Boulevard, my Grandad used to use it on his return journey from a timber yard in Seaforth with his bike laden down with sacks containing off cuts of timber for the fire !

Thanks again to all for their efforts.

John

J.F.G
Thommos sister

Hi J.F.G 1911 Gores has Garrick St off Irving St listed, only even number houses listed.
Nice chatting with you...T.S :D