Halroy products . Well lane

Your place to talk about your Bootle memories
John Woolley

Hi. Do anybody remember Halroy Products that was situated in the old Sturlas buildings in Well lane?
filsgreen

Weicome to the forum, John. I cant help you with your question, but I'm sure someone will be along soon, who has heard of them. Are you related to Peter Woolley, the Bootle historian?
john j connell

John, i cannot recall Halroy products but i can remember a Davies products occupying part of the building, i think that would be from the late 60s early 70s, what years are you looking for. JJC.
John Woolley

Hi thanks for such a quick response. I worked in that building . The building had many businesses running from ,A.E.S tv repairs ,Davies products and Halroy products which was involved in the manufacturing of audio products. I remember I started working there in 1976 as an apprentice. We used to drink in the Blubber and lovely barmaid called Hetty used to work there. Iam just wondering what happened to the great people I .worked with. Ps I'm not related to Peter Woolley. Thanks again
Bernie R

John,

My ex-wife, Issy, worked in Halroy's on the production line (soldering electronics) around that time.

Bern
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
John Woolley

Thanks Bern, that name does ring a bell, are there any other names you remember?
Bernie R

Think her mum, Lucy, sister Jackie and mate Donna Sullivan worked there as well but could be wrong.
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Bernie R

John

Just asked Issy and I was right in the post above - a couple more names for you: Joan and Mary Joynson.

Bern
John Woolley

A big thanks again Bern, I do remember the girls. I remember the boss Mr Rimmer and several other names spring to mind. Thank again.