Looking for Turner family Keble Road

Find Bootle friends and family here
pbcalvert

I'm looking for what became of the Turner family who were living at 35 Keble Road for several years, last known there in 1940.
Several family units under one roof including Jean Calvert, daughter of Maud Turner and her children. There was also Ronald, Maud's son with his wife and two daughters. Obviously the war displaced many people, but I'm drawing a blank although I think one of Maud's sons (Leonard) emigrated to Australia. Grateful for any clues or news. :D
BOBHAMO

Hi pb :D :D :D and welcome hard to find
relitives from so long ago
there was a Mrs Maud Turner 1949 , 11 Melrose Ave crosby
will try to find Ronald
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
Jan

Hi,

Welcome to the site.

I have had a look into a bit of the Calvert/Turner family history.

Maud Turner (maiden name was Curtis Kirkman) son Ronald Hodgson was born 1914. His father Robert Hodgson Tuner was a seaman.

Maud and Robert were married in 1907 in Salford, Maud was born in Manchester. I found Maud on the 1911 census living at 16 Brook Road Bootle with two of her daughters.

Sadly Ronald passed away in 1973
Name:
Ronald Hodgson Turner
Birth Date:
25 Jan 1914
Date of Registration:
Jun 1973
Age at Death:
Registration district:
Newmarket
Inferred County:
Cambridgeshire
Volume:
4b
Page:

Jan
Old genealogists never die......they just lose their census.
pbcalvert

Thank you very much Jan and Bobhamo for your replies re Turner, that is all very helpful :D
Thommos sister

Thanks Jan & Bob for great wombating. Welcome to the forum P.B. I'll have a squiz for Leonard born 1924 W Dby. (Muriel C was born 1922) :D
pbcalvert

Thank you all again. I knew about Muriel, she died in infancy, 1925, although I've never been able to find out what happened to Maud's daughter Marjorie (or Beatrice as she may have been known). And of course Jean who may also have moved from the area.

I was aware that son Ronald had two daughters and possibly a son. The daughters are Mary and Ethel, possibly still in the area and if so would be late seventies, early eighties by now. I think Mary married James Murtagh and Ethel married Stanley Davies - although who knows what may have happened over time!

However, keen to make contact if anyone knows of them or their respective offspring.
Jan

Hi PB,

I found Marjorie's baptism record.

Name:
Marjorie Beatrice Turner
Baptism Date:
31 May 1908
Baptism Place:
Harpurhey, Christ Church, Lancashire, England
Parish as it Appears:
Harpurhey
Search Photos:
Search for 'Harpurhey, Christ Church' in the UK City, Town and Village Photos collection
Father:
Robert Hudson Turner
Mother:
Maud Curtis Turner
Reference Number:
GB127.M415/1/1/6

Jan
Thommos sister

Good find Jan, we now know they were in Manchester in 1908 also why she had two versions of her first name. Thank you!!
Lancs BMD have a marriage in 1938 South Sefton. We know Mum was in Bootle then, Marjorie B to Andrea J Rowe (possibly Andrew?) he's listed in Bootle in 1939 Directory with Marjorie and one other person possibly their child. Don't have the subs to know more. T.S :D
Just to add 1911 16 Brook Rd W Dby/Bootle Maud 25 Marjorie 2 Jean Margaret 8mnths(bn Lpool).
Jan

Hi Tina,

I also found that marriage, I looked at the actual image and it does say Andrea J Rowe on the indexes, but Anc has his name as Albert J Rowe.

There is another marriage, no idea of knowing unless the certs were purchased.

Name:
Marjorie B Rowe
Date of Registration:
Jul-Aug-Sep 1967
Registration district:
Bootle
Inferred County:
Lancashire, Cumberland
Spouse:
Daniel F Fearon
Volume Number:
10b
Page Number:

Jan
Jan

I think Ronald married Mary T Ryan, their daughter's birth registrations match mother's maiden name.

Lancashire Marriage indexes for the years: 1935
Surname
Forename(s)
Surname
Forename(s)
Church / Register Office
Registers At
Reference
TURNER
Ronald H
RYAN
Mary T
South Sefton Register Office or Registrar Attended
South Sefton
BR/1/127

Jan
pbcalvert

Sorry for the radio silence - got a lot on at the moment! Once again, grateful for all the input. I had Ronald's marriage and who I think were the offspring of that marriage and also the 1911 census details.
Maud and Ronald had
1. Marjorie. 2. Jean. 3. Ronald. 4. Muriel. 5. Leonard.
There may have been another in between Ronald and Muriel as there was a gap of 8 years but I haven't found anything to confirm this.
1. Marjorie - I couldn't be sure what happened to her so thank you for the marriage tip, I will follow up.
2. Jean - main subject of enquiry. I now know for sure as I received copies of marriage records yesterday, that she was divorced from her first husband Francis Calvert as he subsequently remarried. Jean may have re-married Henry Davies in 1943 in Crosby but I would need to order record to be sure.
3. Ronald married Mary Ryan and at some point moved to (presumably) Newmarket area. However, their children possibly remained in Bootle area?
4. Muriel died in infancy.
5. Leonard married Margaret WOOD in 1946 and they emigrated to Australia (Melbourne) in 1952 with two children. I believe they settled in Tasmania eventually. I think the children were Elizabeth and Leonard. If I'm correct, Elizabeth has this family on an Ancestry tree and linked to parents Maud and Ronald but I have not been able to contact her.