St Monica;s school Bootle

Find Bootle friends and family here
Mildred

I have recently been in touch with my former class mates.

Would love to arrange a school reunion/

Here are some of the girls we can remember from our class . We left school in 1965 If anyone can help please contact me on smc0249@aol.com
Susan McKenzie
Ann Neary
Marie Connor
Dorreen Farrell
Mary Seddon
Joan Lee
Ann Meylor/ Meyler
Patricia Clark
Kathleen Predegast
Pat Sandys
Pauline Malone
Linda Carroll
Monica Rice
Our teachers were Miss Seagrave Miss Williams we were in the old fever hospital prefabs until we did our last term in St Augustine's the junior school was St Monica;s Fernhill Road opposite the church.

Thanks

Susan
CONNELL

Hello Susan
I too was at St Monica's but some years before you. I left in 1958 and went on the the Bootle Technical (Commercial) College which had just opened, opposite the boys Technical College in Balliol Road. They took in Secondary Modern School girls the first year and, Grammar school girls the following year - they were considered to be a lot brighter than us. A photograph and article in the Bootle times showed us at our typewriters and stated that we were being trained as typists for entry into trade and industry, while the Grammar school girls would become secretaries! I worked as a secretary from the age of 19 onwards.
I can well remember the old fever hospital prefabs at St Monica's - in the winter the boiler would pack up and we would be sent to run around the playground to warm up. We would then return to the freezing classroom. Mr O'Donnell was the headteacher, and teachers Miss Lanigan, Miss Seddon, Miss Tigh(?) - she married the teacher who took us for geography, Mr Malcom I think. Miss Seagrave took us for music.
Living in Cornwall now, I'm still in touch with St Monica's girls, Mary Dove and Maureen Canning. Maureen still lives in Bootle. Pat Fearon, my other friend sadly died a few months ago.
Hope you reunion is successful.
Mary Connell
Mildred

Did You go to school with my sister Geraldine? She was older than me. She left to go to Broughtn Hall.

Susan
Mildred

Did You go to school with my sister Geraldine? She was older than me. She left to go to Broughtn Hall.
Maureen Canning liverd areound the corner from us

Susan
CONNELL

Hi Susan
I'm sure I remember the name Geraldine - I will have to check with Maureen Canning. She has a better memory than I have. I'm writing to her today - she isn't online.
My cousins, Ann Reilly, and Bernice and Jean Ann Murphy went to Broughton Hall.
Do you remember Charles and Ruth Cambridge who lived in Beech Street? Charles was a disabled, West Indian gentleman? Aunt Ruth was my mother's cousin and I often used to visit them and then have a ride back to my house in Gloucester road, in his three wheeler car.
Mary
Pamsy

Susan, I have a Facebook page on schools in Merseyside named.... MERSEYSIDE SCHOOL DAYS

PAT SANDYS brother is on there and she is supposed to join our group.....
PAM KEEGAN BENICH
Keegan, Carruthers, Rigg, Copland, Lobb, Hough, Mee
born in Bootle
CONNELL

Hi Susan
I have been in touch with Maureen Canning. She remembers all your family and says 'Hello'. She still lives in Bootle in Radnor Drive.
Happy Christmas.
Mary
Mildred

Hi, Please tell Maureen Hi, back. Geraldine passed away 6 yearss ago she was in Canada. Jackie is in USA Catherine in Wales and I am in Spain.