Kane & Pentony

Find Bootle friends and family here
Jowt68

Hi I'm new to this site. Looking for info on my great grandparents who lived on 162 Marsh Lane and my G-grandfather was an undertakers manager. Where is he likely to have worked. Can I track down photos etc. His surname was Kane and my G-grandmother was Pentony. Thank u.
BOBHAMO

Hi Jowt68 and welcome Daly and co undertakers where at 162 Marsh lane from before 1900
tHere are a few Kanes around at that time have you got his christian name???
this photo is the alex pub marsh lane the shop was just past the shops that are showing
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
Jowt68

Hi that's a great photo. Yes it's Francis Kane, he married my G grandmother Helena Mary Petony, their daughter also called Helena Mary (born 1915) was my grandmother. Sadly have no photos and she died very young. Haven't gone further back from Kane & Pentony yet.
lily8

Hi and a warm welcome to the Forum to kick off this family history::::
Helena Pentony as 1901 census

Estimated birth year:
abt 1884
Relation to Head:
Daughter
Mother:
Martha I Pentony
Birth Place:
Waterloo, Lancashire, England
Civil Parish:
West Derby
Household Members:
Name
Joseph Pentony
Madeleine Pentony
Gertrude Pentony
Helena Pentony
Lily
lily8

From 1911ish possibly your Helena and Frank::

Helena Kane
Age in 1911:
Estimated birth year:
abt 1884
Relation to Head:
Wife
Birth Place:
Liverpool, [Waterloo, Liverpool] 
50 Salsbury St Lpool
Marital Status:
Married
Household Members:
Name
Helana Kane
Frank Kane
Annie Tany Kane
Martha Sternat Lodger
Lily
Jowt68

Many thanks, I've gone onto ancestry.com and managed to find their parents, siblings and their children (one is my grandmother) which is great. Lots of dates and info - says part of an existing family tree. How can I trace who has put this together? Someone has been tracing this side of the family already
lily8

Hi again if you are a member of Ancestry.com you could send the tree owner a message, just a word of caution on trees on Ancestry.com I have personally found many errors on them a lot of people just copy someone elses work so you would need to check for yourself (if that makes sense).
Lily
Elaine Goulding

Hi Jowt68, welcome to our great forum. You have come to the right place to find family and friends, so many good people will go out of there way to help you out.
Elaine

Bianca Street, Bootle - moved to Canada 1982
Jowt68

lily8 wrote:Hi again if you are a member of Ancestry.com you could send the tree owner a message, just a word of caution on trees on Ancestry.com I have personally found many errors on them a lot of people just copy someone elses work so you would need to check for yourself (if that makes sense).
Many thanks for your help. I think it's right as I always knew the area my g-grandparents and grandmother lived and theirs names are quite unusual -I knew my g-grandmother gave her daughter the same name. Nice to see my fathers names in her father and brothers. My G-grandmother died at 43. Must have been a tough life. They lived at 167 Marsh Lane which I've been told is above an undertakers and my g-grandfather was an undertakers manager so all fits.