Christ Church Juniors , June 1953

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...
bootlejoy

Hi, Grekko, do you know any names for the people in the photo?
Joy, Berry St, Bootle, now Perth, West Australia
Andrew Mooney

Hi, Is this Christ Church School in Wesley St Waterloo, I started in 1953.
Eddy Lloyd

My kids went there Andrew. Knocked down now apartments built there. :cry:
grekko

bootlejoy wrote:Hi, Grekko, do you know any names for the people in the photo?
Hello Joy,
The School is:
Christ Church Bootle, Hawthorne rd/Park Street

Front row L-R : Frank Roxby, Billy Hardacre, Jeff Lawrence, ?, ?, ?, ?, Eileen Pretten, ...Morris, Lyn Hunter, ?, ?.

Middle Row L-R : Gary Close, David Bryant, Alan Metcalf, John Polglase, David Ford, Alan Buck, ...Elton, Eric Wilson, John Logue, Dave Mattocks,
Dougie McReath, Dave Wynne.

Back Row L-R : ?, ?, ?, Eva Taylor, Susan Eccleston, Barbara Cam(p)bell, Val Hudson, Christine Cottier, Val? , ?, Vera Palethorpe.

Recognise any names?

Weren't we scrubbed up well?
paul1965

am sure my brother john boughey would be on that pic somewhere..he was in same class as gary close and alan buckley to names i know
CONNELL

Hi Grekko
Years have passed I know since you posted your message and photo. Sadly, I haven't been able to see photo, but somewhere, I still have photos of Christine Cottier, who was my best childhood friend and lived next door but one to me in Gloucester Road, right opposite Christ Church side school gate. Would love to know what happened to her. Dougie McCreath lived behind us and we rigged up a pully system from his bedroom window, across the back yards and entry, to Christine's bedroom and then across to mine. We used to write messages to each other and send them along on the pulley rope - until the window cleaner complained that his ladders kept getting fouled up in the ropes and we had to take it all down. Happy days.
Mary Connell