Apologies for the late notice.......

Post here about news - events - jobs
Prospice

Tomorrow Bootle Action Group will be helping out at Martin's Garden, Knowsley Road. This is a memorial garden created for the community in memory of a much loved son and partner. We will be planting, pruning and weeding. After the garden event we will take to the streets in the vicinity for some litter-picking. If you can't stay or volunteer on the day, pop along and say hello, bring something for us to plant to brighten up the garden or if you can donate anything that would be of use in the garden that will be great too. Hope to see lots of you there, and please pray for sunshine.
Mack
Site Admin

Hiya Prospice, I've also made this available as news in our community news section. You did post it quite late so hope you get a good turn out.

Mack
Prospice

Thanks Mack

Today myself, Letty Draper, Barbara Rouse and Jimmy Kavanagh from the Royal British Legion attended 2 assemblies at Hugh Baird College. We each took it in turn to speak to the students about litter, the importance of the war memorial and why we should respect Kings Gardens as a poignant and important community asset. From there we headed up to Martin's Garden where we were met by Bernard Doyle, Tracy Williams and Karen Gillett. We spent just over an hour in the garden making improvements were we could. Samantha James popped by with some Danish pastries for us, and then Ann Archer also popped by with some coffee and Costco mince pies (how did she know they are my favourite mince pies). Thank you to you both for this. We then took to the streets around the Gray Street area for a few good hours of litter-picking. We were shocked to see the fly-tipping in the path that runs along the railway, some of which looked like it had hurriedly been tipped out of a van. There was also a recycling box on Gray Street full of dog poop bags that has been there for months, despite being constantly reported. Poor Letty tried to remove the top layer of bags but the smell was overpowering. I'll be taking this forward tonight as it is not acceptable to have been there so long ! A massive thank you to the 4 volunteers named above that joined in with today's efforts :-)