New cranes at Seaforth Dock.

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...
henry

WatsonTommy wrote:the dock schedule was behind time and the chinese needed the space to build a new ship S.S.LIVERPOOL made in cammel lairds china :?: .so the new dock had to take them,,were do i get my information from,,the WILD ROSE witherspoon's my drinking companions have 506 years experience between them most. ex alter and choir boys, boss poses,male models, ex sea captains/ royal marines/ s. a.s.veterans/ timberskins,/dockers, lady killers, not one fibber or comb between them but some still wear the demob suits on sundays mondays, back in the pawn shop, were all in gods waiting room :D talking about lifts or cranes,it doesn't matter what race or religion you are on this earth/ when you die you go in a big lift/ and no one gets to press the button to, go up down or limbo :D :( R,I.P MOHAMED ALLY what a mans man he was, yes he was the greatest hes gone up in that lift :(
Only Ali said he was the greatest and not me but in my opinion it has to be Rocky Marciano who fought 49 fights and won 49 fights and let his gloves do the talking not his mouth
HENRY BORN FLORIDA STREET OFF STRAND ROAD
fatboyjoe90

This photo is from North West Place. :D

Berthing and marine trials have started at Liverpool 2, the delayed £300m container terminal in the Mersey which was due to open in December 2015.
The first ship, MV MSC Nederland, visited the Peel Ports facility last week and will be followed by a variety of cargo handling tests throughout July and August. The testing is being done by Mediterranean Shipping Company.
As well as 3,007-container capacity MV MSC Nederland, four other MSC vessels will be used during the trials, MV MSC Santhya, MV MSC Koroni, MV MSC Sandra and MV MSC Alyssa. :wink:

- See more at https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news/m ... dj8h1.dpuf
Cheers Joe.
fatboyjoe90

Ship and cargo trials begin at £300m Liverpool2 terminal. :wink:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/bus ... r-11283622

phpBB [video]
Cheers Joe.
Bernie R

They're so big you can see them from the Formby by-pass! :shock:

Bern
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Bonesy

Today taken from the top floor of the Collegiate, Shaw St Liverpool near to the Royal hospital.

Imageupload photos

Keith
Meggymoo

Hi,we live in Ashurst Skelmersdale,and can see the red lights from our back garden,we are very high up.
We were in New Brighton last week and you can see the cranes very clearly.
Megs (Marie).
lived in Hornby Road Bootle untill 1973 now Skem.(Maiden name Connor now Burrows)
lynne99

I know I am weird , but I think they are beautiful. Like electricity pylons and wind turbines.. :oops:
Frank948

Having seen them from the start I was at Millers :D :D bridge last night and to see them lit up its like Blackpool.
F A Mullen
Frank948

I was in New Brighton this afternoon and saw 6 or so new cranes beeing unloaded on the new water front dock.It looks like now 12 or so cranes.The tonnage that will be unloaded is any ones guess.
F A Mullen
Mack
Site Admin

Love looking at these cranes when they are all lit up at night in the distance. It's like looking at the horizon of a Sci-Fi movie.

More lights please...

Mack :wink:
Drift

I often have my dinner near those cranes in my wagon when delivering forklift trucks to the likes of Stanton Grove.
I see some great boats on the river, bonus of my job I see the good and slightly not so good sights of our fair isle :wink:
You can't polish a tu@d but you can roll it in glitter ;-)
Brunnyboy

nice to see you posting again drift
filsgreen

Come on Steve, after all those years at Marchwood and you still refer to ships as boats? :D
Brunnyboy

another view of the cranes Image
Brunnyboy

one my gran son took from saint johns tower Image
filsgreen

Here is a picture of them taken outside the Nova Centre in Prestatyn. Hope you can see them, they were very clear by the naked eye.