PICS FOR DONDEEG

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...
BOBHAMO

ImageImage
bboardman

Hiya Bob-I've walked past the Linacre so many times on my way home from St George's school in Fernhill Rd.That photo brought back to me so many memories,but where is the photo on the left.Many thanks again Cheers Billy B
daveowe

Billy

That is the corner of Litherland Road/ Linacre Lane as you come down the hill from the Linacre pub. On the opposite side, Linacre school is in the background.

Dave
FrannyD

Hey Dave & Bob,
You are right, Dave, but I must admit I had to take a closer look at it.
That Shop/house was featured by Mack a couple of years ago, with some discussion on whether there was a TV aerial shown on the roof.Circa1950!!.
I'm glad to see that you got on the Pix @ the WM it appears that all went well which is as it should be.
Thanks Eddy & Co for putting them up for us. Great.
I have to say another good part of the Meet-up must have been the 'Reds' would not have been as vocal after the result from Middlesborough, apart from the singing of"You'll never walk alone". That was great.
Only kidding, Eddy & Peter.
Cheers, Dave.
FrannyD
Eddy Lloyd

Franny we sang that song for you lot abroad :D :D
BOBHAMO

i posted that pic because that was where we hung out as kids and teenagers , , can still rememder donny on his C I5 ;thats a 250 , bsa ,i was more into lambrettas , with tommy backland , we had some great laughs growing up ,getting served in the linacre , reme ,playing footee, , that was are patch , we only ventured half way to marsh lane ,had a few punchups with lads from the lane ,,funny ended up living down there and made some great mates ,even the ones i had a scrap with , :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: bobhamo
DonDeeg

Bob I remember that BSA..I had to talk my Dad into signing the papers
so I could buy it.
I thought I was Mike Hailwood on that thing.haha

Yes that was Our Patch Bob, and we would go drink in the Linacre and play darts during the week and make a pint last all night...
And then off to the Chippy by Whacker 66 house.
Born and bred in Lunt Rd.
Went to St George of England school.
whacker66

Remember them days well Donny and Bob, I had my tiger cub 200 had it re bored to 220 cc.., all stood on the corner eating our supper from George (chippy...he was the son of the chinese dragon :lol: ) and the seargent (Peter W would know him...I think it was Sgt Watson?) some of the stuff we used to eat..A meat and Potato pie in the fat deep fried...yuk :lol:
Peter
DonDeeg

Whacker, that's right you di have a Tiger Cub..
I loved those Cheese and Onion pies from George's..

He was a good Lad..
Born and bred in Lunt Rd.
Went to St George of England school.