millers bridge today

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...
BOBHAMO

BOBHAMO

kenglos

Hi I sent my brother a copy of millers bridge we both now live in Gloucester and his reply might bring back memorys
i Ken
What a mess , The building on the left corner of Derby rd and miller bridge still looks the same as it did when I was 16 but new windows fitted and it was owned by John Summers uncle and he had a cafe ,and bookie up stairs and he was the Bookie who lived on Queens road and his back yard gate was in our back entry ,
Further down miller bridge the red brick warehouses are the one's that I got stuck and pinned on the wall by a team of horses and wagon with 10 ton of goods on it , when I tried to stop them going down millers bridge as the brakes had failed and the lead horse was being dragged backwards down the hill , so I jumped in and pulled them into the gutter in an effort to slow them and save some one being killed , but it jumped the pavement slung around and I was pinned against the horses and wall , with the shafts stuck between my arm and chest , the nearest to death I have ever been

on the right side opposite was the timber importer , and I and another kid laid all the concrete slabs to stand the timber on ,all hand ball into the mixer and pushed into the yard with a wheel barrow , and yes laid by us ,

the dock ware house has been pulled down and some sort of factory appears to have been built but the dock wall is still standing and you can just see the the dock and the water , remember you could see the ships sticking up over the warehouses , from Bedford rd and Millers bridge ,
memories hey , Doug , thanks fort the picture
whacker66

Was the timber company called " Bridge Mahogany Co"?...and when you got the dock road was Stan Waters just round the corner to the left?
Peter
smoked out

On the right hand corner opposite the toll bar ,if that was the timber yard it was later turned into a depot for securicor cash in transit vans.
a big hullabaloo happened there when a huge sum of money went missing only later to be found left behind in one of the vans.
lost one of the boreland street kids at that junction when he was killed after being run over while selling his echo,s , we had not long moved to that area from the lane.
whacker66

Thanks smoked...I cant remember if it was millers bridge or coffee house that my Uncle worked...was Bridge Mahogoney company
Peter
smoked out

coffee house bridge had the mohogany wood yard to the side of it opposite the little merton.