BOOTLE STREETS

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...
Jan

:lol:

I have posted this before in another thread, but I can't find it, I though it might be better here.

http://www.liverpoolstreetgallery.com/t ... p?album=16

Jan
ron waters

JANS thanks for that link , for our overseas friends who might have lived around the Village they would be really supprised , its hard to imagine the way those streets have changed , like Pine Grove , Brookhill Road ,
Dorset Street , on the corner of Waterworks Street many years ago stood an Irwins Shop , I think that area looks great now , The Blobber in Laburnum Grove still looks the same [ Laburnum Hotel ]
Ron
Bernie R

There's a few of mine in that little lot Jan.

Peter Craig has posted a fair old number too!!

Bern
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
PETER CRAIG

Last edited by PETER CRAIG on Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan

:lol:

Thanks for putting the homepage on Peter,

I have tried to put more photo's on that site, but they don't seem to be going, I have forgotten how to do them, I think they may be too big!

Jan
PETER CRAIG

Last edited by PETER CRAIG on Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ron waters

THANKS PETER They are great
Ron
steve55

PETER CRAIG wrote:This is the home page for the streets, there are lots of other streets and roads from the Liverpool and Bootle area,
Peter.

http://www.liverpoolstreetgallery.com/index.php?cat=10
Hi Peter,
could i ask if your mum's name was Mary,and did she ever work in "Linacre Grange" :?:
PETER CRAIG

Last edited by PETER CRAIG on Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
bootlejoy

Thanks Jan & Peter for these great links. I have spent loads of time on here already.
Joy
Joy, Berry St, Bootle, now Perth, West Australia
steve55

PETER CRAIG wrote:Hi Steve,
Sorry my mums name was Margaret (Maggie) she worked in the Kirkdale Homes (her last job) she used to work in Harland and Wolf in the 50's.
Regards,
Peter.
Well,wrong one this time, but I used to live opposite the Kirkdale homes,in Rumney rd. It was a great playground! My mum also worked there for a time,in the early 60's!
steve55

PETER CRAIG wrote:Hi Steve,
Sorry my mums name was Margaret (Maggie) she worked in the Kirkdale Homes (her last job) she used to work in Harland and Wolf in the 50's.
Regards,
Peter.
Well,wrong one this time, but I used to live opposite the Kirkdale homes,in Rumney rd. It was a great playground! My mum also worked there for a time,in the early 60's!