Queens visit to Bootle 1977

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...

Queens visit to Bootle 1977

Postby Petersh » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:52 pm

Ive been searching for ages now for photos of the Queen visiting Bootle and specifically South Park to inspect a parade there. The reason I ask is that myself and my brother and a friend managed to break through the police cordon and chased behind the Queens car and were nearly able to jump on the back until we were swept up by some soldiers and thrown out of the park. I remember when we got back to school we were made to stand up in front the the school for a bit of a telling off but in the nicest possible way.

If Anyone knows any archive were I could search that would be a great help thanks
Petersh

Re: Queens visit to Bootle 1977

Postby efc46 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:20 am

I remember the 1953 visit our school(gray street) walking up Knowsley road towards the clinic and John Pinnington (pinnead) walked into a lamp post knocked himself out as men we still all had a good laugh john has now passed on this is what is what is so good about the B.T. so many memories pop up
Davey Rowlands Bootle
efc46

Re: Queens visit to Bootle 1977

Postby lily8 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:56 am

Maybe you could check with the Echo for this date:::: 21 June 1977 - Royal Visit to St. Helens, Liverpool and Bootle
Lily
lily8

Return to BOOTLE Past & Present Photos, Video - Gallery