10 Exeter Road, Bootle

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...
Glenys

Bob, another plea for a pic please, for 10 Exeter Road, Bootle, where cousins of my dad lived.
Glenys
Lived Linacre Lane, Trinity Road & Knowsley Road.
Maureeng

Glenys, I had a good friend who lived at the top end of Exeter Road, can't remember the number though, it would have been near number 10, the family name was Goodall, do you know them? :)
Glenys

Maureen,
Sorry, No I didn't know them.
The family at No10 were Williams, Welsh family.

Glenys
Maureeng

Glenys, I can't remember a Welsh family at all at the top of Exeter Road, hope some one can help. :)
Drift

My mum might know, we lived in Exeter Road from 50s to early 60s.
She is Silverhaired Hippy, she is away at the minute but due back in a couple of weeks :D

Sorry I cant help I was about 4 years old when we left in 1969 ish :lol:
You can't polish a tu@d but you can roll it in glitter ;-)
Glenys

Ta Drift,
Loretta and Scotty are having the times of their lives; look forward to hearing from her when she's finished the holiday washing :D
Jan

Hi Glenys,

I can't help with a photo of 10 Exeter Road, I took a few photo's of the top of Exeter (Stanley Road end), before all the houses were demolished, but I can't find the pics now, I will have another look see if they turn up anywhere. 10 would have been at the bottom end near Kings Road.

Jan
Old genealogists never die......they just lose their census.
Jan

Hi Glenys,

I think the house would have been similar to these ones.

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2912189

Jan
Old genealogists never die......they just lose their census.
Glenys

Hi Jan,

Thanks for that info - similar to Hertford Rd. - three storey, bay window etc., lovely houses.

Glenys
Silver-Haired-Hippy

I was born in 58 Exeter road 1946, lived there until about 1970/71 until we moved to Jersey st. Then Sefton, faintly knew Maureens friend when I was little, but didn't know anybody else in the road, so I am sorry I can't help with number 10 :(

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Glenys

No probs Loretta - ta for replying.
Walsh

:mrgreen: :| :idea: :twisted: :oops: :) :o
Maureeng wrote:Glenys, I had a good friend who lived at the top end of Exeter Road, can't remember the number though, it would have been near number 10, the family name was Goodall, do you know them? :)
Maureeng

Glenys, I have just remembered two girls who went to my school, they lived in Exeter Road also, Suzanne and Pamela Owen, I wish I could remember the number,they lived Queens Road end of Exeter Road. :)
Elaine Goulding

Maureen, can you tell me the name of the church on the corner of Exeter and Queens Road?
Elaine

Bianca Street, Bootle - moved to Canada 1982
Maureeng

Yes, it was St Mary with St John, the vicars name was Mr Herring he had a son Tony, that's going back years though Elaine when they were there. :)
Elaine Goulding

Thanks Maureen, I knew you would remember it. When I answered the original thread of "St. Marys" I got the impression people thought I was talking about a different St. Marys church. My mum was married there and yes I do remember the vicar Rev. Herring. If I remember the vicarage was around the Trinity Road area, although I am not certain. I even remember the huge eagle lectern. I used to go to Sunday School and attended many weddings of friends at St. Mary's, what a shame it has been demolished. Thanks Maureen
Elaine
Elaine

Maureeng

Your'e welcome Elaine, yes, it is a shame it has been demolished it was a lovely little church, I was in the choir there for quite a few years, Rev Herring and his family moved to Ripon in Yorkshire to a church there. :)
Elaine Goulding

Mr. Herring was a lovely vicar. My grannie used to love him. Unfortunately she was deaf but still managed to attend his Sunday morning service. She always made me sit at the very front so she could hear him. That is how I always remembered the big eagle lectern in front of the first pew on the right hand side because that is were she always sat! Just loved my grannie!
Elaine

jimmy g

Hi I lived at No 15 from 1953 till 1975.
Silver-Haired-Hippy

Welcome to the forum Jimmy! :D I am sure you will enjoy it. Sorry but I didn't really know many of the folk who lived in Exeter Road, as you may have read my post, I was born in No 58, 1946, and left there around 1969. 58 was in the middle of Exeter Road Stanley Road end.

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Maureeng

I remember a few names from the bottom half of Exeter Road where my nana lived but can't remember the numbers unfortunately, there was the Parry's, ( not related to me ), Lamont, Nelson, Short and a Greek family lived in the first house, can only remember a lad called George from that house. :)
BernH

I was born 12 Exeter Road. Family was the big Harrison family. We moved from Exeter Road in 1969. I can recall some of the names of the families mentioned.
Lynn Hanich

I was born at 70 Exeter Road - family name Goodall, grandparents were McNeil. Left in 1962 when we moved to Australia.
Maureeng

[quote="Lynn Hanich" post_id=478592 time=1590997329 user_id=5568]
I was born at 70 Exeter Road - family name Goodall, grandparents were McNeil. Left in 1962 when we moved to Australia.
[/quote]

Lynn, I was friends with your sister Rosemary, I live in Perth, Australia, how is Rosemary ? :)