Southport Rd/Breeze Hill

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...
Frank948

Does any body know or have seen the guy with the Dog collecting waste every day mornings.He walks up and down Breeze Hill Southport Rd.He is not employed by the Council. He does a great job.He has put a sign on traffic lights asking people not to throw rubbish out of there cars. :D
F A Mullen
lynne99

That is lovely, Frank. Perhaps a letter or e mail to the council would be nice. That is my old stomping ground.
Brunnyboy

he has been in the local rag as far as I am concerned he will do a man out of a job
lynne99

Hi Brunny. If it is anything like here, you would be knee deep in litter before "a man" came to do the job !!!
Frank948

I dont think the guy is putting any body out of a job ,after all lots of crap on the road is dumped daily on our Roads.To see a road sweeper is a very rear sight.
F A Mullen
Bill fawcett

The guys name is Phil and he picks up litter along the full stretch of Southport Road, Aintree Road as well as Breeze Hill. He even comes into my garden and picks up any pieces of paper that have blown in. I seen him one day opposite my house sheltering under a tree in the pouring rain, he was only in a T - Shirt and shorts and so I got one of my old coats that I never wear and went over and gave it to him. He thanked me very much,called me a saint and put on the coat and carried on picking up the litter in the pouring rain. He definitely deserves recognition of some sort.

Cheers
Bill
Mack
Site Admin

Love this :)

If anyone can get a piccy of Phil and upload here he defo needs recognition for the work he does.

Mack :)
steve55

I was at the lights, the other day, and I saw him picking up the litter, with no hi-viz jacket on, and I guessed he was doing it for his own reasons! Glad to see others have noticed him, and I certainly don't think he's doing anyone out of any job, as it doesn't exist, anyway! If only there was some more public spiritedness, like this!
lynne99

I agree. Brilliant :D