Derby park

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...
vinny

Derby park showing the lake and Bridge Earl rd would be of to the right of picture

a very Snowy derby Park looking towards The large gates at corner of Worcester rd and Oxford rd you can just make out Christ Church Spire picture taken inside park 1908

A very busy Bowling Green Derby Park
lynne99

Vinny, thanks. We are so lucky to have such a lovely park as Derby Park. I was a large part of my childhood. :D
Cags293

I too loved that park. We lived in Mill Lane, so Mum and Nan would take a picnic: jam or salmon paste butties and a bottle of pop? (though I think I remember water with sherbet?) and me, my sister Sue and our uncles Stan and Tony would play for hours in the black hills or play house among massive tree roots on the high mound by the gates near Waterworks Street. Mum and nan would sometimes have a tiny camp stove to make themselves a cuppa. Although I do remember a couple of older girls who were supposed to be 'minding us' locked us in the loo's - we were terrified looking up at the windows we couldn't reach. Probably just a joke for a few minutes, but felt like forever. Passed there recently, those same Windows only about 4ft high, so we must have only been about 4 and 6?!
Bootle/Netherton/Bootle/Netherton (and a few places inbetween!)
Christ Church/St Oswalds/Countess of Derby/Hugh Baird
Civil Service/NHS