A Nostalgic Journey Through Bootle:

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...
Mack
Site Admin

Memories... In my life

A Nostalgic Journey Through Bootle... Created by Ed Words

phpBB [video]

jddry

brilliant mack
Matt

Great Mack.Loved it.We had a look at most of the others that are with it especially the
one about Kirkdale as that's where Sheila first emigrated to from Southey Street :lol: :lol:
She was thrilled as you can see where she lived in Wessy Road a few doors up from the Melrose .
The people that had the Melrose also had the Prinny piccy house :lol:
Matt with thanks from Sheila.
ALAMO2008

Brilliant - loved the journey ! and song.
bob. b

Mack that was great thank you
EdMcDonald

That was nice Mack. :cry: :cry:
Home of the "Edmonton Oilers" Future Stanley Cup Champions. :D
A long way from Duncan B.C. :wink:
lynne99

Thanks Mack. A lovely few minutes.
marymaple que.

Thankyou Mac.....this was so nice, also loved the song..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
efc46

There are places I certainly remember LUV OL BOOTLE Thanks /Davey
Davey Rowlands Bootle
Shelagh

Enjoyed the journey Mack, thank you so much, photo's of St. Paul's church, and Bootle village in particular, very useful for family history research, couldn't find a pic of that old church anywhere, so glad you did, shall treasure that, also, looking at Vernon's all those year's ago, brought back so many memories, all us young girl's would be dashing out of the place on a Saturday, in order to get ready for the dance that evening, which was usually at the O.P.B. Of course, lovely time's, with lovely people! Ah! Happy day's!!!
Frank948

Excellent History lesson. All North Liverpool ,Bootle etc.It was great to see Walton Rd and Fire appliances from Westminster Rd where i served in the 60s.My old schools St Francis de Sales, Westminster Rd where the boys went age 11.I could go on and on. Will have to show some Pals.Thanks :D
F A Mullen
Maureeng

That was great Mack,loved it, so many memories,thank you. x :)
Matt

Hi Frank948,my dear wife also went to St Francis de Sales along with her three sisters Ann(the eldest)then my Sheila,Joan and Carol.
I know it is a long shot but Sheila was wondering if you ever knew them. Worrall was their surname.Sheila could never understand why that after ST Frannies
all the boys went to Westminster Road because it had to have been one of the only schools that both RC and Proddies attended together. Sheila and Ann ended up at
Notre Dame Commercial in Maryland Street and Joan and Carol at St Johns.
Matt
Frank948

Matt.I started in St Francis De Sales in 1948/9. Miss Mcdonald had just started and went on to be Head mistress.I remember the 2 Nuns in charge Girls up stairs and young children downstairs. Sister Girtrude up stairs a (Horror).Sister A saints name ? she was great.As you say it was amazing to go to Wessy Rd up stairs and other School downstairs.I remember some of the girls had the play ground in the back yard.I am now a retired Fire fighter (Merseyside).We have a Fire and Heritage and education centre were i now give some of my free time.St Frannys school 80 or so are visiting after the holidays Trying to remember name of girls Anita Fullalove.? My Big sister Pat went Everton Valley .Hope you and family are all well.Frank Mullen Still living in Walton .
F A Mullen
vinny

Very Good Mack :D :D