Models of Liverpool Area Lorries

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...
xkopite

This is one of my earlier 1-76 models of a Jarvis Robinson Transport Ballast Tractor
xkopite

Here is an Edward Derbyshire 8 wheeler made from a donor lorry with other parts.
jetjockey

What do use for the donor lorries xkopite was the JRT ballast tractor made from scratch

JJ
Tempus Pretiosum Utiler Consumtum
lily8

Another miniaturist great stuff :D
Lily
xkopite

Hi JJ
For the JRT model I used a Lledo Trackside AEC Mammoth ballast tractor, replaced the cab with a Road Transport Image Foden cab.Replaced the ballast unit with a scratch built unit and bigger fuel tank. Glazed the cab, added wing mirror,s, window wiper,s and paint job. I had transfer,s made for all the model,s I am making.
The Edward Derbyshire follows the same format, new cab, name board etc. I will post more if member,s would be interested.
Thanks for the comment Lilly8.
Cheers
Dave
fatboyjoe90

Great stuff Dave, that must take up a lot of your time, you must have the patience of a saint. :wink: :D
Cheers Joe.
jetjockey

xkopite wrote:Hi JJ
For the JRT model I used a Lledo Trackside AEC Mammoth ballast tractor, replaced the cab with a Road Transport Image Foden cab.Replaced the ballast unit with a scratch built unit and bigger fuel tank. Glazed the cab, added wing mirror,s, window wiper,s and paint job. I had transfer,s made for all the model,s I am making.
The Edward Derbyshire follows the same format, new cab, name board etc. I will post more if member,s would be interested.
Cheers
Dave
I would like to see more xkopite I've always been interested in model making you must see some of Lily's models she even has one of my paintings on one of them

JJ
xkopite

This is my version of A.E.Smith Coggins Stevadores, the real lorry use to be in the large objects store.
They do take time and patience with many small tricky bits, well worth it if they turn out ok.
I have the patience with looking after my wife who enjoys my efforts in this hobby.
I must stress that tey are modest efforts compared to some of the lads who turn out some masterclass efforts.
I am a member of the N.A.R.T.M. which is a group dedicated to this hobby we go to events and exhibit them and explain how to make them etc.
I would enjoy seeing Lily's work if possible.
Cheers Dave
xkopite

Another one of my little efforts by no means brilliant,so you can see another type of vehicle for the Liverpool Warehousing Company which I believe was the largest warehousing firm in the country.
I got the livery off an ex Liverpool Warehousing Co driver along with a b/w photo.
Cheers
Dave
fatboyjoe90

Thanks for posting some more of your work Dave, :wink: :)
Cheers Joe.
jetjockey

xkopite wrote:Hi JJ
Cheers
Dave
Dave if you send Lily a PM I'm sure she would be happy to put some photos on for you

JJ
jddry

nice one xkopite keep them comin
xkopite

2 more of my efforts, The Liverpool Cartage Company in its distinctive blue & green also at the back is William Harper, both with roped and sheeted loads.
Hope its not boring you members.
Cheers
Dave
xkopite

This is a company from Warrington, James Fairclough & sons often seen on the dock Rd.
I found a picture of this Foden and decided to make the model.
Cheers
Dave
Mack
Site Admin

Good stuff :D

Mack
xkopite

This is my Foden 8 wheeler of Wm Harper going along the dock road, a small diorama.
Cheers
Dave
jetjockey

Keep em coming Dave

JJ
xkopite

This is a model of Samuel Banner,s Foden tanker opposite the Wapping Dock transit shed,s
Cheers
Dave
xkopite

This is a model of F.A.Seafield,s aec madator and drag.
Cheers
Dave
fatboyjoe90

Dave, your models are brilliant what a great hobby you have, I only wish I had your ability, and patience to do similar. I have a keen interest in them and thanks for sharing them on this site. :wink: :D :D :D
Cheers Joe.
xkopite

Hi Joe,
Many thanks for your appreciation and praise, they can take many hours over a period of time.
The camera can be brutal when you look close up but its my hobby, I do not mind criticism when people know better or have attempted any type of modelling.
Thanks again.
Dave
xkopite

This is my effort of Garston Bottle Company.
Cheers
Dave
xkopite

Just logged on to see whats going on, since I last was on I have had a couple of operations so just trying to get back on track.
No model making just yet till I am ok.
Cheers
Mack
Site Admin

Welcome back Dave :D :D :D

Looking forward to more of your fabulous creations :)

Cheers to you and hope you have a great 2016.

Bezzy wishes,

Mack :)
xkopite

Thank you Mack best wishes for the new year.
Dave
lily8

Hi Dave nice to see you posting and sorry to hear about your illness I hope all is better now and every good wish for the coming year, love your models 1/76 scale eh? I work on 1/12 so quite a bit different hope to see some more pics :D
Lily
xkopite

Thank you Lilly,
Its a slow process getting back to fitness and keep looking after my wife, fingers x
Best wishes for 2016
Dave
xkopite

One I done a while ago. Rufford based Southworth carrying guinness vats.
xkopite

Another 1/76 model of the Liverpool Cartage Company. Back of the warehouses.
fatboyjoe90

Hiya Dave, glad you are feeling better, and thanks for posting some more of your models, :wink: :)
Cheers Joe.
WatsonTommy

hi skopite drove for the liverpool wharehousing in oil st by the tobbaco wharehouse they then went to effingham st as William Harper Jarvis robin sons tractors had a big block of concrete in the back and they carried copper nuggots etc from the huskison dock my uncle freddy tinsley and owen lloyd he was the steward worked for them i drove for the liverpool wharehousing procters dennymott and dixon timber firms it was all casual labor and they laid you off xmas and bank holidays or when no ships docked Thomas Wilson meat co canal st lthere was no rope and sheeting it was sheeting and roping you put your sheet on the back first second on the front hard work on a windy day but we mucked in together liverpool cartage did mostly irish coasters in the waterloo dock they used flat racks full of Guinness and took it to thomas st Guinness factory by the pier head there was no drink driving laws then we would fill our billy cans up with Guinness should have seen the state off so of them / the lorry drivers got rid of there 2nd man 1958 and the dockers refused to help drivers load after that in 196970 and you proved you wear driving a h.g.v vehicle you got the black book theres a photo on the picture post and a driver named loll standing by a scammel hitch arctic dennymott and dixon shore road seaforth/ on a parade somewhere in bootle or seaforth with all the mayday kids on the trailer well i can go on for ever great memory's for me thank you skopite very interesting
xkopite

Thanks Tommy,
Very informative info on that period of time and working standards.
If you want to carry on with your memories of a bygone life style.
Cheers
Dave
WatsonTommy

thanks skopite you knew who the permanent drivers were and what firms they worked for as they had there houses painted in the firms borrowed paint colors there were 4 categories of drivers local men/semidiastance/long distance /and trampers they would be away all week crisscrossing the country there were transport warehouses all over the country if say you were tipping in the north your transport-manager would send you to one off these were they would re load or send you somewhere local for a return load home if you went down the dock road then you would have seen every LORRY ever built traveling along the dock or derby road i remember the boss fitter in William harpers when they got a new vehicle would take the heaters out claiming we would fall asleep if to comfortable the boss was mr cosham from b.r.s British road services Jupiter st sand-hills so we put a piece of canvas in front of the radiator and blankets over the engine to keep the noise and draft out long hours lousey pay but it was a job i could write book but no one would believe half that went on the dockers were great people i only got finished up when i would not go through the picket line never drove hgvs again after that
xkopite

A Merry Xmas to all.
Not a very good year for my wife and I sod all done.
I wish every one good health.
Best wishes.
Dave xkopite