Brook road for Josie cogo47

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...
BOBHAMO

one of the members posted this a while ago sorry i cant remember
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
vinny

:wink: :wink: :D good pics them bob
oriel55

What a wonderful sight. No litter, no cars and two beautiful people. (Not counting the kids). Is that a gas lamp in the picture?
john james ingham

first photo Sheila and her mum mrs mckeown second photo Vicky and mum mr mckeown,
born bank rd off strand rd.
BOBHAMO

Thanks John :D :D i put the photos on because josie mentioned she lived there :D :D
when working for the corpy :roll: :roll: i worked on a few of the houses before they where knocked down
the house i lived in milton street had no back fireplace so when the houses where getting demolished.
i found :roll: :roll: :roll: a fire place just lying there :roll: :roll: :roll:
i must have been the hulk carrying it to milton street but it looked good the best in the street :D :D :D
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
john james ingham

yes bob Josie was in touch with me a few weeks back and we had wonderful times in brook rd I have seen Josie once in 50 years and that was at hes mams funeral a few years bac.bob those fireplaces were great worth a fortune today and to think they were all smashed up when the houses came down.
born bank rd off strand rd.
josie cogo47

Hi Bobhamo thanks for the photos brought back lots of good memories we lived in 41 just about where the kids are playing .our house was between the Bradley's and the O'Neal our Stan used to have US playing cricket in the back yard the ball would always end up over the railway.I wonder if that fire grate was out of our house we used to blackened ours every week I think there was more on us than the grate.lovely memories .once again thanks and thanks to our good friend John ingham
Josie
annicog

Hi I'm Josie sister Ann it brought back lots of lovely memories seeing those photos we had great times there we where a big family and played mainly in the back yard on our skates and one bike .I remember swinging around the lamppost by our Stan s mates house .wish we had a smart phone then could you imagine the photos I hope there are more photos of the road it would be great to see them .thanks for sharing them Ann
BOBHAMO

Josie , ann , glad you like the photos :D :D :D
they where put on the site by someone else
i remember the road well it was a short cut instead of useing strand road
it was a tiled fire place brown and cream :D :D :D
some of the bigger houses where owned by the corpy
so we used to paint the staircases wish i had a camera then :D :D
there will be lots of photos for are next generation , tommy watson . art in action ,jddry , ,and myself
have loads of whats getting knocked down , and lots of other members have taken photos
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
Mike111

Hi josie cogo47. lovely to see these pictures from my past. I wonder if anyone remembers Frannie Cliff, Johnnie Bradley, or Mavis Stewart, all from Brook road ,plus the large family of thirteen at the top of the road called the Gerrards I think. memories not as good as it used to be !. Oh by the way I lived next door to Mrs Mc. and she's standing right outside her gate Do people remember the Aunt Sally Works 2 houses down on the photos. Would love to see more photos (from anyone) : at all possible
josie cogo47

hi mike 111 i have been hoping someone might have had some photographs to put on we lived in number 41 had some great times when we
were kids i knew the cliffs well i went to school with brenda tucker was a mate of my brother stan johanson i can remember a lot of the families that lived there including sammy and mick mckeown
annicog

Hi josie yes we had great times as kids still think about all our friends there maybe we could go and have another walk around there on Tuesday when I come over xx
josie cogo47

ok ann we can do walk on asda car park where our house once stood
annicog

Ok see you soon x
Dan

Detail of some of the houses from the 1891 street map.