Ceres Street

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...
vinny

Ceres street of Brasenose Road

BOBHAMO

Great photos Vinny st alexs church in background only seen the bottom photo before :D :D :D
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
Mary F

FANTASTIC pictures. Is the street with the bridge, Glendower Street?
john j connell

Mary F wrote:FANTASTIC pictures. Is the street with the bridge, Glendower Street?
Mary it is not the Glendower St bridge , this one goes across the canal from Ceres St to Forth St. JJC.
jddry

great photos vinny just shows you how many people use to live in that area of braesnose road and st johns road bootle.
BOBHAMO

bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
vinny

St Johns Brasenose road

Building the Bridge

jddry

hi vinny that's st alexander in st johns rd that was destroyed in the blitz on bootle isn't it?
bernie johno

priceless pics them, :D :D :wink: looks like a cathedral
hood st ,norton st, spenser st ,
Scully

Thanks so much for the Ceres St pics Vinny. I've only ever seen one.

The second house on the 1st pic is where my sister in law Cath lived & I think the Higgins family were in the 1st house. I was born opposite in number 11, my grandparents house. My great grandparents lived in number 9 & my great aunt Mary lived in number 13 & I was christened at St Alexander's. My dad used to drink in Black Jack's pub occasionally, over the bridge.

We moved back to Ceres St in the late 60's after my parents had left for Kirkby in the 50's & we lived in number 7 Ceres St. We were only there for about 12 months when we were given a house in Huyton when they were knocking all the houses down.

Fabulous photo's and thanks again for posting them.

Best wishes,

Tracey.
Scully

Vinny do you know the years the Ceres St photo's were taken please?

Best wishes,

Tracey.
fatboyjoe90

Great photos once again Vinny, and Bob. :wink: :)
Cheers Joe.
peawhack

I would be grateful if anyone has any information about the shop of 'R TANNER@ on the Braesnose Road photo. My GG Grandmother Alice Tanner had a similar type of shop in Washington Street in the early 1900s. I am wondering if this could be a member of the same family.
Thanks Peawhack
glendower

bernie johno wrote:priceless pics them, :D :D :wink: looks like a cathedral
The photo is the front of Saint Pauls church in Brasonose Road the boy standing on the right is by the entry which ran into Saint Johns Road and the building on the extreme right of the photo is warings corner shop ,as you came out of the entry onto Saint Johnny the Glendower pub was across the road as was Fred Wilsons corner shop I lived in the first house number 1 Glendower St I was born there and Lived there untill the houses were knocked down the best years of my life with all my mates
nicenanny1

On the first picture you can see the small Sausage Works that was on the corner on Brasenose Road, the Betting shop was next door one of the first to open ans the chippie was next door to the Betting shop.
Brunnyboy

wonder who the little girl was chasing the cat
Mary F

She was probably the daughter of the fella who owned the sausage factory. YIKES!
nicenanny1

Does anyone remember the Monumental Masons on Brasenose Road near to Richmond Grove.
bob. b

Vinny fantastic pictures keep them coming please. Will show them to my family happy days. regards bob