old memories

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...
efc46

Hi does anyone Have any old photos of St Georges 1957/61 I went there and me dad always said we cant afford any photos lad take them back (I was one of 12 kids ) I guess it was hard times Davey Rowlands ex pat (Brisbane Australia)
Davey Rowlands Bootle
norma19

hi Dave....
How are you doing Mate....I been thinking ...I never for a minute thought you were 1 of 12....I knew of tommy and Violet and a couple of others...I was
saddened to hear of Violets problems with her legs...She always told me bits and pieces about and gave a pic of you on the beach in front of a wooden house on stilts
you had a spear gun...bit scarey.
Do you remember the morrisons in the first house coming out of balfour.......There was Harry, who im sure you will know...he lives in turkey im told by his brother Robbie
that he is head of a tribe over there...Dont ask me.....Robbie did well in the police and finished pretty high up.
What job have you been doing over there...I spoke to 1 of your brothers a few years ago and he said you were in council security in what I thought was Runcorn...Ive had a
few probs with my computer but I will at least send you a couple of my photos ive dug up next time....
I was sorry to hear of your heart probs ..Thats a big op ..take it easy......I suffer with AF, heart failure and have been fitted with a ICD....Im knackered but Im happy

Take it easy Dave,
John
steve55

Hi Dave,
just wondered if you were related to John Rowlands, who lived in Balfour rd. and still lives, not far away?
efc46

Hi John I remember Harry (moggy) Morrison he went to all the same schools as us he had younger sister margy
I use to be a scaffolder /dogman/rigger then a project safety officer (W.H.S.O.) i worked in the construction industry all my working days (never out of work) on the hi rise around brisbane hard yakka but loved it
I will get me daughter to send some photos I am no computer wizz
I have been home twice 1992 &98 stayed with our Len( he is 86 now ) in Netherton loved it seeing everyone Funny story I was with terry and we bumped into Paddy Walker he said how" are you Davey" I said "Ive bin in oz 30 years"
and Paddy said " Oh I thought I hadnt seen you on your motor bike on the lane lately" me an Terry couldnt stop laughing keep smiling John keep in touch/Davey
Davey Rowlands Bootle