PARRS BOYS AND GIRLS

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...
20 Lancs

The shop on the right is ANNE MARIES who moved to the Strand does anyone remember DANNY'S second hand shop which was to the right on this picture I think he moved to Crosby. All these photos are from 1964/5
Tommy Howard

Top photo is the Croxteth boys who drank in the Lobster. Bottom photo left to right, Johnny Hayes, Billy Dunne, Les Mcvite Johnny Flett and Alan Bright who was one of Bootle's first traffic wardens.

The lads in the doorway are Mick and Ted the yard forman, that's me on the right about to cut a piece of 6"x 6"

I will enhance these two phtos below to show the shops on Stanley Rd. The lad on the far right was my best mate now sadly gone George Coxhead.

The shop is THOMAS SCOTT AND SONS on corner of Smyrna Rd

The shop is HAROLD GEE'S BUTCHERS

Mary from Bullens Terrace I think she married A bookie called Howard(no relation)

Blackpool day out 1965
fatboyjoe90

Great photos again Tommy, Mary, from Bullens Terrace who was the receptionist transferred over to Strand Heating when they moved up to Field lane that was about 1979 until it closed down in the mid 80s. :wink:
Cheers Joe.
20 Lancs

Thanks Joe your always wondering what's happened to people, there was another girl worked with Mary called Marilyn from around Hawthorne Rd.

Tommy Howard
BOBHAMO

JOseph Parr was born in litherland and lived in 15 park street
he went partners with Thomas Ashcroft a timber merchant
from 14 Trinity road
the firm in 1881 Ashcroft and Parr was on Linacre road
which is now litherland road
his brother Thomas was a painter and plumber and also
had a disinfectant buisness
at 1,3 park street
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
bob. b

Tommy once again mate they are history to us. Fantastic pictures you have taken.

How did you think to take pictures in them days, wish l would have done that in my working days

Tommy once again you have brought pleasure to members of the forum.

Well done Tommy and thank you Regards bob
bob. b

Tommy do you remember Bob Fairhurst the plumbing from Bootle. Got a lot of material from Parrs
henry

20 Lancs wrote:The shop on the right is ANNE MARIES who moved to the Strand does anyone remember DANNY'S second hand shop which was to the right on this picture I think he moved to Crosby. All these photos are from 1964/5
Tommy Howard

Top photo is the Croxteth boys who drank in the Lobster. Bottom photo left to right, Johnny Hayes, Billy Dunne, Les Mcvite Johnny Flett and Alan Bright who was one of Bootle's first traffic wardens.

The lads in the doorway are Mick and Ted the yard forman, that's me on the right about to cut a piece of 6"x 6"

I will enhance these two phtos below to show the shops on Stanley Rd. The lad on the far right was my best mate now sadly gone George Coxhead.

The shop is THOMAS SCOTT AND SONS on corner of Smyrna Rd

The shop is HAROLD GEE'S BUTCHERS

Mary from Bullens Terrace I think she married A bookie called Howard(no relation)

Blackpool day out 1965
DANNYS WAS SET BACK A BIT AND DO YOU REMEMBER THE BIG PUBLIC SCALES IN FRONT OF THE SHOP AND THE GENTS TOILET NEXT DOOR BY THE BUS STOP
HENRY BORN FLORIDA STREET OFF STRAND ROAD
john james ingham

henry bang on mate I remember them.and callin in to have a wee right out side the bus stop.john.
born bank rd off strand rd.
20 Lancs

BOBHAMO an old fellar used to come every week and for 1/2lb nails nothing else and he told us he was a descendent from the Ashcrofts he'd tell us tales of when the company were starting off I wish now I'd taken notice of him instead of trying to get shut.
BOB.B you'll remember DODD'S photography on Stanley Rd well he used to come in and said he had a new camera that he didn't want and was I interested in buying it which I did. I didn't use it much and it go stuck away after a few weeks never to be used again although I still have it after 50 years. I took up photography again about 1988 and stopped in 1996.
I worked in the front shops so didn't see many in the plumbers dept. Terry a driver for Cothliffs? and Len Hinton the joiner from Gray St were two of the most liked customers throughout the wholeplace.

Tommy Howard
rivermersey

When I lived on bailey Drive there was a Bob Fairhurst who lived on the corner of Bailey by The Crescent. He was a builder I wonder if he was the same or any relation?
Born in Bootle 1960 lived on Bailey Drive then the old roan.
The bear

Hi I am the sister in law of Mary. She married Allan Howard who worked for his father Stan Howard. Mary and Allan are now divorced.