FOOTBALL PHOTO

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...
BOBHAMO

not sure where it is Orrell pleasure :roll: :roll:
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
john j connell

Hello Bob, any info on the name on the postcard, J Kinley 356? Marsh Lane, great photograph. JJC.
kenswayken

Is that Lloydy on the wing :lol: K
BOBHAMO

Strange John i thought it mite be a photographer
but he was a hairdresser at the top end by hawthorne road
will try to see if he was both
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
bob. b

Nice one ken :D he could not run that fast so that game would suit him :wink: :wink: :D :D long shorts ha eddie did you put that dubbon on your boots. bob great picture looks 1930/40 ??
BOBHAMO

With there being no mention of where the photo was
it could be the north park they had pitchs on there before the war
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
Eddy Lloyd

Ken & bob :D :D I do remember dubboning my boots and the nails of the studs sticking through my boots. I used to go up to Orrel Pleasure with my boots as a kid trying to get a game for anyone who was short. I played for the Bootle Corpy in one game. :wink:
kenswayken

I played on Orrel often enough. If I remember correctly wellies were more appropriate than dub boned boots :lol: K
bob. b

Eddie orrel pleasure muddle pitches oxo after the game. Front pitch for top teams
Eddy Lloyd

Bob it must have had the longest changing room pavilion in the UK. :D
bob. b

Oh yes Eddie walked into the middle you could go right or left all made of wood .. clean my boots in cold water in the toilets make sure you where not last blocked sinks take shorts and socks home to me mam to clean and she would say couldn't you stand up today playing football hand wash first to get mud off. Stuart road Bootle all made of wood as well.........wonder if bobhamo has a pictures of it....
BOBHAMO

Bob if only we could go back and take photos :lol: :lol:
orrell changeing rooms :lol: :lol: more like cow sheds :roll: :roll:
from a young kid in the fifties it was are day out
and later a few seasons in the joc for the corpy
but they where terrible pitchs as you know :lol: :lol:
i worked on both orrell and stuart road pavilions and bootle stadium
just the basics but thats all we needed
i try and get as many bootle photos as i can on anythink
so they wont be lost for ever
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
Tony Hines

looks like a supporter running on to the pitch at the left of the pic, suit and a cap on ?
Bernie R

Tony Hines wrote:looks like a supporter running on to the pitch at the left of the pic, suit and a cap on ?
... he thinks it's all over - it is now! :wink:
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
EdMcDonald

Me thinks that the photo was taken at Orrell Pleasure Fields at the top of Bailey Drive. Over Ford Station Bridge
Home of the "Edmonton Oilers" Future Stanley Cup Champions. :D
A long way from Duncan B.C. :wink:
PeterR

A Very memorable photo Bob and some of the comments take you back , we had some great times up there at "The Pleasure" You could always get a game if some one had failed to turn up and before the game started You were told your name -That is the name of the player who didnt show up-in case the Ref asked You-One coach took me on for a game and told me -DONT do any fouls and for Gods sake dont get sent off.
PeterR
Born in Spenser Street
PeterR

I forgot to mention in my previous post -Check out the bike against the fence -Hes been there before-if it was going to get knocked off -You'd have to take the fence post too -Theres a great big chain round it.
PeterR
Born in Spenser Street
JPS

remember playin at orrell pleasure the day foinavon won the grand national...everybody went who.........eddie did u play for beno,s(joc) for a few game when barney run it, not sure if it was u , maybe wrong
the duke

Remember the times I used to go to the ponds by the allotments at the bottom and the 1st time I played there , it was for Liverpool Arms, I was 15, 1968 . Also the Giro getting built on it, right about one thing , changing room was big and you could walk up and down and get a game by asking around are you short of player, if so you where in, happy days.😀
bob. b

JTS and The duke there are some great pictures of some of the Bootle joc teams under Bootle joc. Regards bob maybe bobhamo can add this to it ??

Found them have a look on history
The bear

There is a name at the bottom of the photo J Kinley 35? marsh lane