William klondyke Jones memorial

Post here about news - events - jobs
marknjen

Hi peeps,
Just incase nobody knows there's an unveiling of William Jones memorial at Springwell park school Menai road at 2pm tomorow,the memorial is on the corner of Menai road, watts lane, park lane if anyone can't make it but would like to see it! It made from his own bricks with W.J enscribed on them, the design was done by 3 kids from Springwell park,the school ran a competition to design the best design for a memorial , it was narrowed down to 3 outstanding designs, so all 3 were chosen,one of which is my daughter Melissa 'booooo,fixxxxx,booooooo" I hear you cry but I didn't pick the winners, local councillors did!,please feel free to pop down tomorow or anytime and have a look.
I'm just glad something has been done to remember him! Special thanks to Sue Ashe (sefton council) for her help and hard work in getting this done! Councillor Dave Robbo and colleagues and of course Springwell park staff and pupils.
Thanks
Mark
filsgreen

Thanks for the heads up Mark; William Jones deserved a memorial for all the work he did for Orrell. I'll try and make it tomorrow and take a few photos. Well done to your daughter. :)