Remembrance Day Services

Post here about news - events - jobs
fatboyjoe90

Remembrance Day Services
Posted 03 November 2015
Remembrance Day services are taking place across the borough which will be attended by the Mayor of Sefton, councillors and council officers.
They will all remember those who died in conflict at services being held on Sunday, November 8.
The Mayor of Sefton, Cllr Stephen Kermode, will attend a morning service at the War Memorial, King's Gardens, Bootle at 10.55am and an afternoon service at Holy Trinity Church, Formby at 3pm.

Councillors and other Sefton Council representatives will be present at a total of 11 services being held on Sunday, November 8 throughout the borough.
These will be held at other locations in Aintree, Ainsdale, Crosby, Hightown, Ince Blundell, Litherland, Maghull, Southport and Waterloo.
In previous years the number of members of the public attending the services has increased and people are advised to arrive in plenty of time.
Mayor of Sefton, Cllr Stephen Kermode, said: "These services, and all the others taking place across Sefton and beyond, are very important as we remember those who lost their lives in conflict past and present.

"They give us a chance for us all to remember how we owe a huge debt to every single one of them for the peace and freedom we currently enjoy today.
"Every year councillors and council officers from Sefton make every effort to be present at the many services taking place across the borough and I am very proud to attend them.

"Hopefully as many people as possible will attend the many services held in Sefton and spend some time to pause and reflect on the sacrifices made by our brave service men and women."
View a list of all the Remembrance Services taking place on Sunday.
In addition, memories from the War told by local residents have also been captured as part of the Lost Voices project. Volunteers have worked with Sefton's Library Service to record the individual stories and experiences of people during World War 2, which can be found online at http://www.sefton.gov.uk/lostvoices
Cheers Joe.
WatsonTommy

joe/ go ot the new barracks by the giro off bridle road after the conotaph all are welcome men and womon you get refrshments (curry and rice etc) see you there and have a pint, i will tell you how i got me medal for saving the lves of three men. :roll: ........................... ..they were hanging on to me great coat as i was running away:D
fatboyjoe90

Hiya Tommy, I’m sad to say it’s been years since my last Remembrance Day Parade. I couldn’t manage to march to our backdoor these days. I really appreciate your invitation but I’m extremely sorry that I won’t be able make it. :wink:

Tommy you’ll have to show me that medal of yours one day, I’m sure I’ve heard that story before, :lol: hope you have a good day out. :wink:
Cheers Joe.