Befrienders wanted for Age Concern Liverpool and Sefton

Post here about news - events - jobs
Age Concern Sefton

Age Concern Liverpool and Sefton, the local charity dedicated to providing practical help and support to improve the wellbeing of people aged 50 and over, are welcoming volunteers to become Befrienders to join our Befriending and Re-ablement team.

If you are a good listener, enjoy meeting and talking to new people and have an hour or two to spare a week then this role is for you. Our Befriending and Re-ablement service assists anyone over 50, living in Sefton, who has become isolated or lonely. Befrienders can meet clients in their home and have a chat, go for a walk or whatever they would both like to do. We carefully match volunteers and clients to ensure a lasting friendship.

Volunteering as a Befriender can bring many benefits such as a great opportunity to meet new friends, build your confidence, enhance your CV or gain new skills whilst making an important contribution to your local community.

For more information or to apply or this role please contact Lauren on 01704 516 574 or lauren.jones@ageconcernliverpoolandsefton.org.uk
:D
vincenzo

please check this phone number as the lady on the other end says she,s nothing to do with age concern befrienders.
I applied a couple of weeks ago to be a befriender for age concern and was told there was no vacancy in sefton for a befriender.
someone is having a laugh,or they are just going through the motions and wasting everybody,s time.
vincenzo
Mack
Site Admin

keep us updated :|
vincenzo

all sorted now.it seems there was a fault with phone messages being redirected.i,ve now applied and I,m waiting for approval.
vincenzo
kenswayken

Good luck with that. When I first retired I did a couple of years voluntary work with Age Concern locally. Mostly I drove the minibus picking up folk to attend the Day Centre.
Great fun and very rewarding. The kids called it my "Community Service" after my highlife career :lol: K
Age Concern Sefton

Vincent - thank you for responding with an update to your original blog entry. I am very pleased that we were able to clear things up for you with regard to the identity of Age UK and Age Concern Liverpool & Sefton. I am sorry that you had a poor experience prior to speaking with us. I am delighted that you are wishing to become a Volunteer Befriender and look forward to progressing this in the future.

Of course if anyone else would like to follow your lead, then please contact our Volunteering Development and Promotions Officer, Lauren Jones on 01704 516574 or the Sefton Office of Age Concern Liverpool & Sefton on 01704 542993 (Option 4)

Age Concern Liverpool & Sefton deliver the Befriending & Re-ablement Service to residents over 50 residing in the Sefton area, and welcome interest from anyone over the age of 18 wishing to become a Volunteer Befriender

Thanks Lauren