NEW Art Gallery Bootle, 30 Stanley Road, L20 2AA

Post here about news - events - jobs
Mack
Site Admin

I received this by email from Alice who has recently set up a new art gallery at 30 Stanley Road. Sounds really exciting and great to see new art and culture on display in Bootle.

Mack

Hi

I wanted to draw your attention to The Art Gallery that I have recenty set up in Bootle, 30 Stanley Road, Bootle, L20 2AA

I am an artist and recently began to rent a shop on Stanley Road. I have decorated it in the last two weeks and decided to turn it into an art gallery for artists and the local community.

I have many plans for it and would also like to have events and talks such as local history there.

The gallery is open from 11 to 5 Tuesdays to Saturdays.

There is no admission fee and people are welcome to come in and look at the art.

Our latest exhibition is titles 'Order and Chaos' and is an exhibition of local as well as art students in Liverpool who are exhibiting textiles, painting and photography.

I am planning to run an exhibition each month.

People are welcome to get in touch about doing workshops and talks and events.

The gallery originated online in Toxteth but has become The Art Gallery in Bootle.

I would be very grateful for your support.

Link to exhibition: Order and Chaos

http://www.artinliverpool.com/?p=42890

Yours Sincerely

Alice Lenkiewicz
Last edited by Mack on Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alice

Dear Mac,

Thank you for mentioning this. Sorry I did not get on here earlier to respond.
I have not stopped since I opened the shop and turned it into a gallery but at last I have finally found a calm Saturday morning to reply.

I would just like to say a thank you for posting our event and to all the locals who have popped in and said hello. We've had some support and that has been very much appreciated. I just wanted to mention that the gallery is here for local artists also and you don't have to have been creating works for years. You can be a newcomer who would like to get involved. We had someone from the community pop in recently who said he made sculptures out of rubbish.
I was really impressed with his work but he had never exhibited before and I said he was welcome to exhibit with us. We also had a lady who popped in who makes her own arts and crafts and sells these locally, be-jewelled shoes, lovely and great for kids and Bling enthusiasts such as myself.

We are also having an arts and crafts month in September. if you would like to get involved with our arts and craft exhibition, just let us know. You can email us or pop in the gallery. It is usually me or Nigel who are there.

We do also run our own monthly and fortnightly exhibitions. We charge a very reasonable fee to exhibit. Our exhibitions are about promoting artists and their works as well as presenting ideas.

Our next exhibition is called, 'Facing the City'.
This is a portrait exhibition.
Painting and Photography.
The portrait exhibition is a personal response from artists from many cities (including our own) who record and create in an imaginative way the world and the people around us. Each person is an individual and also quite interesting. In these times of hardship, holding on to our identity has become more important than ever. People deserve respect and to be appreciated for who they are in all walks of life.

The exhibition is on from Wednesday 17 July until Tuesday 30 July. 12.30 - 5.30. Tuesday - Saturday.
All welcome.

I look forward to participating with the forum and keeping you updated with our events and I look forward to hearing about the latest news and activities you have on the forum also.

Keep a look out for our forthcoming exhibitions and events.
And do pop in and say hello.
(Usually me or Nigel in the gallery!)

I'll post here from time to time and keep you updated on our events.

All best wishes

Alice
Director: The Art Gallery, Bootle.
Alice

Just to let you know, we will have a new website at some point.
We started on-line in Toxteth and that is why you will still see toxteth on some of our links.
We are in the process of updating.
Our new email is bootleart@yahoo.co.uk

Alice
Mack
Site Admin

Bumping this up, more info about the gallery from Alice.

Thanks for keeping us updated :D

Mack
Mack
Site Admin

Photography by "Gerard Fleming" - "Facing the City" Thanks to Alice for the update

Mack
Alice

Thanks Mac,

On Tuesday 23rd July between 1 and 5pm, we have an open day at The Art Gallery, informal day for people to pop in and see the art and meet the artists, some who will be drawing and painting. Apparently there will also be a man, (Bob) holding owls, outside the gallery, something a bit different.
He offered to come along with his owls. I was going to have him be there for an exhibition we are having in the future called 'Bewitched' but it seemed ok to have him at this event also. This event is a friendly event and for people to pop in and watch the artists paint and draw portraits, which is the theme of our present exhibition.
People are welcome to drop by, come in and say hello.
Hope to see you there!

All best for now.

Alice
:)