Save our Libraries!!

Post here about news - events - jobs
big dave(mark two)

Our councillors are looking at plans to close several of our local libraries down! Don't let them do this without a fight! Even if you don't use your local library, do it for your children or even your grandchildren. It is one of the few places the ordinary person can go free of charge and use the facilities.
just like the NHS these services were fought for many years ago by people just like me&you in order to make life better for working-class people. This Labour Council needs to reminded of this ....
You can e-mail your objection to: library.service@sefton.gov.uk
But please no abusive messages. the people who will receive your mail are
Council staff. They are not the one's making the decision but if they receive lots of objections from the ordinary people of Bootle etc maybe their bosses
will have to go away and think again...
Best wishes
Big Dave
(David Lawler)
Best wishes
Big Dave
BOBHAMO

Think its a disgrace ,but the same has happend in liverpool
lots of us used orrell library :lol: :lol: :lol:
what next :roll: :roll:
http://www.sefton.gov.uk/pdf/Members_al ... 011-12.pdf
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
lily8

Well said Dave, we often forget the hard working folks that fought for these amenities and the libraries opened up a world of learning for those who could not afford to buy books. I remember my dad telling me that when he was a boy in the depression years, unemployed men would be in the library every day reading and probably keeping their minds active and off their worries. We should not let the libraries go.
Lily
Andrew101

You could also write to your M.P. the cuts are a direct result of government policy.