help please

Find Bootle friends and family here
frank ballantyne grove

hi can any one help, i am slowly contacting the old gang back from the 1956s
does any one no a Betty Wharton, she lived i think in 16-18 timor road by the hotel on monfa road, she lived with her 2 elder brothers, she is blonde, but i surpose like me she will b grey, i use to go away to sea, so lost touch with them then i came to australia in 1970,
if any one can help, that would b great thanks
still think bootle was the best place to b,
red ron

Hi Frank, the late father of my sons mate was Don Wharton, his widow is named Margaret. I only know them from Lawler Street by the Salt Box. They may have been connected, I will ask their son Paul tomorrow. Best wishes. R R
vera

Hi Frank, Do you recall a family that lived in Ballantyne Grove. Duggan,
i Lived in Pennington Ave the other side of the Roundabout.
Went to St Monicas and St Robert Bellarmines. back in 1953 ish.
good to have you on The Bootle Site.
Cheers Vera.
red ron

Hi Frank, the only street name similar to Timor Road that I can find is Timor Avenue in St Helens. Bootle has a Timon Avenue off Aintree Road.
I don't recall a hotel on Monfa Road, but there is the Aintree Hotel near Timon Avenue. Also I think my sons mate **** Wharton may have lived in that area. I will ask him tonight ( Wed ), if he knows anything about 'your' Betty Wharton. Cheers R R
ron waters

RON what about Fred Wharton who used to be at Aintree Depot RON
red ron

Hi Romeo, I forgot about fred and Brian, but I am not sure where they originated. How are you OLD Man ?
ron waters

I am fine thanks , but I see your memory is nt getting any better , but there again you were about 75 when Fred Wharton died 6 years ago TTFN from your youngest gggrandson Ron
frank ballantyne grove

hi hahaha yes thats the one timon, i think she lived in 16, or 18, i had forgot the name of the road, yes, off aintree road, i have not been back since 98, so i am tending to forget the places, and going away to sea for 10 years, did not help hahaha, i would have got lost going to aintree, i only have a sister there now, thanks for all yr help, i am still reading all the messges on here, all the names i remeber, it brings back great memories, thanks again frank
frank ballantyne grove

hi vera yes i new kevin duggan very well part of r old gang, jimmy dean, pop weston, danny donavan he lived in 10 ballantyne gove, my self frank hughes, he was the youngest, of us, i went to orrell school, then roberts, till we all got sent to st george of england, use to love the bells of st bellamians ringing on a sunday hahaha, use to wake up everybody hahaha, i married hazel emerson, of 1 hughes drive, and we moved here to oz in 1970, do u no her or any of the emersons, they had 5 girls, 2 boys
FrannyD

Hey Frank,
I went out with Ann Murphy from Ballantyne Grove many,many moons ago, she had two older brothers Terry & Jimmy, I think.
Great memories, though, as I think I was still wet behind my ears at that time.
FrannyD
frank ballantyne grove

hi fran yes terry us to knock around with us, but he was a bit of a loner, i think ann was about 4 years older than me, she lives along southport road the last i heard, but they did not really mix with the crowd in the grove, dont no why, my wife use to knock around with her too, hazel emerson, lived i 1 hughes drive,
tina

Hi frank do you remember hugh strain from ballantyne
grove number 15 i think
thanks
tina
frank ballantyne grove

what year was that, the donavans lived there, danny was my best mate, i lived there from 1948, my mother lived there till the 80, s, we lived in 14, i have never of them, 1 of my nieces lives in r house now