Roberts Family

Find Bootle friends and family here
jul ains

Can any one help me? My late fathers' family was from Bootle
His parents were William Roberts and Catherine Quiqley
When they married in 1901 they lived at Aber Rd. In 1903 They moved to Stanley Road. They then moved to Flint St (1909) and eventually finished up at Linacre Lane.
They had 13 children only some of which can i find out about
Patrick b1901 d1934 in Rainhill
Thomas Wylie b1903 d1903 - these were baptised at St James' RC Church
William b1909 d 1972
Catherine b1913 d1914
James b1915 d1944
Nicholas b1919 d 1953
Edward (my father )b1921 d1997
Between 1903-1909 we have no info about the family also 1917-1921
If anyone can help i would be grateful
J. Ainsworth
n3ttl3

Hiya

Where abouts in Leicester are you? I'm in Hinckley - if you are close by perhaps we could help each other out?

Regards

Annette
Always a Carey, Never a Traitor!
jul ains

Hi Annette,
I live in Great Glen nr Market Harborough
Do you know my family?
J. Ainsworth
Jan

:D

Hi Jul,

I see that William married Catherine Quigley in the Jan-Mar Q 1901, West Derby Register Office, do you have a copy of their marriage cert? What was William's occupation and what are their ages and fathers names and occupations?

Was the date of their marriage before the census? that was taken on 31st Mar/1st April 1901.

I have a 1911 directory I could look in (although only heads of household are given), It is a difficult name to search as you know.

It may be worth looking through the birth indexes on www.ancestry.co.uk for all children born with mother's maiden name Quigley, but that would be difficult for any births before sept 1911, as that is when mother's maiden names first appeared on birth indexes.

Jan
n3ttl3

jul ains wrote:Hi Annette,
I live in Great Glen nr Market Harborough
Do you know my family?
Hi Jul

Not sure if I know your family, but I did go to school with a Susan Quigley (Roberts Juniors) I think she went to the grammar school when I went to Roberts Seniors.

All the best

Annette
Always a Carey, Never a Traitor!
red ron

Hi Jul, I had a relative that I didn't know very well named Syd Roberts.
He lived in the 'Welsh Streets'. ie Aber, Denbigh, Flint, Holywell etc.
I am sure it was Denbigh Street that he lived in untill all the streets were demolished in the 60's. I think he was born there about 1925 ish. He died a single man about 15 years ago. I know it won't be much help, but perhaps some of our members may have known him and have more info on his parents. Best of luck, RR
annie

there was a family of roberts who lived in brook road down strand road -they had a daughter called lily and a son named john i think there wwere more children but dont know their names,
jul ains

My grandmother Catherine Quiqley had 2 full siblings and 2 half siblings.
Her sister Rose Ann lived with her in 1901 and married an Issac Leigh, Her brother Patrick married a Margaret Mucklewee and at some point either he or one of his sons became a councillor in Bootle and Quiqley Ave is named after him. Of her half siblings Agnes and James Kerr they were in the Liverpool and Bootle police orphanage in 1901, but Agnes was a Godparent to one of Catherines' children and later married a Richard Jones. Of James I can find no track at present. If anyone has any information it would be gratefully recieved.
J. Ainsworth