Holywell st

Find Bootle friends and family here
fatboyjoe90

HI Jan
Can you get the 1938 directory for Holywell st please would very grateful if you could do that for me thanks.
:) :)
joe
Thommos sister

Sorry Joe, only one house listed No. 59
Thomas Crook, grocer

T.S
Added later:
Ditto 1911 only one house 59.
Charles Dumbell shopkeeper
Both list Holywell between Irlam Rd & Bangor St
fatboyjoe90

Thanks for your time TS.I thought it would listed but not to worry it was worth a try once again thanks.
:D :D :D
Joe
Thommos sister

You're welcome Joe :)
Bob has later directories. Perhaps send him a pm??

T.S
Eddie

Thommos sister wrote:Sorry Joe, only one house listed No. 59
Thomas Crook, grocer

T.S
Added later:
Ditto 1911 only one house 59.
Charles Dumbell shopkeeper
Both list Holywell between Irlam Rd & Bangor St

That was Martha's shop which was on the corner of Holywell Street and Bangor Street.
fatboyjoe90

Hi Eddie
Thanks for your time I remember Martha she was small with short white hair a very nice woman it was a pleasure to go into that shop.
Thanks again.
:D :D
Cheers Joe.
fatboyjoe90

Hi Eddie
I have been trying to remember who I knew named Eddie it's a long time ago and I think i have a possibility was your dad a bus driver did you live next to the middle jigger and did you have a brother named Kenny. ?

:)
Cheers Joe.
Eddie

fatboyjoe90 wrote:Hi Eddie
I have been trying to remember who I knew named Eddie it's a long time ago and I think i have a possibility was your dad a bus driver did you live next to the middle jigger and did you have a brother named Kenny. ?

:)

Hey Joe 1 out of 3 aint that bad mate, no my old fella never drove a bus, we didn't live next to the middle jigger but yes I have a brother named Kenny.
The only bus driver I can remember was the Quinns Dad, the cunnies(bookies), the slaters and the sheridens lived by the middle jiggers if that helps.
Eddie
Thommos sister

Off Topic

Joe, where's your bonzer avatar gone? I loved it?
Especially that little bit of blue cloth that covered the family jewels :wink:

T.S
fatboyjoe90

Hi TS
Glad you liked it ...but when i went on this morning it wasn't there only a notice saying I was stealing bandwith...not too sure if that's an actual joke.. it will be back on later...when I find out if i'm doing it correctly.

:( :(

Eddie
Thanks for your reply..I'll get there eventually i hope.
Cheers Joe.
Thommos sister

Woo Hoo censored I reckon Joe :wink:

T.S
fatboyjoe90

TS.
I didn't think it was rude did you?
:? :?
Cheers Joe.
Eddie

[quote="fatboyjoe90"

Eddie
Thanks for your reply..I'll get there eventually i hope.[/quote]

Hey Joe I just realised who the bus driver was who lived next to the middle jigger.............It was Albert Bell who worked on the Ribble, he moved up to Hereford Drive when they pulled down Holywell Street.

Joe did you by any chance walk the beat ?

Eddie
Eddie

Joe what was the name of the beautiful girl who worked in Martha's shop, she was Irish and stunningly gorgeous..........I can't get the name Concepta out of my head.
Martha went to live in a flat in Hereford Drive on the corner of St Asaph Grove and the beauiful Irish girl lived by Bootle Cemetary.

Eddie.
fatboyjoe90

Hi Eddie
Concepta sounds familiar you must be a bit older then me because i wasn't in to girls that much then.I didn't know Martha lived in Hereford Dr we lived by Quigley Av so I didn't hang around that end of Hereford Dr then we all had are own little gangs cheers Eddie.
:) :)
Cheers Joe.
jeanetta

Hi many years ago my cousins lived in 49 holywell st they were Elsie George and Jeanette Randles, Jeanette married a chap called George Ruth from O,neill St.sorry to say Jeanette Georgie Randles and George Ruth are deceased lost touch with Elsie but she was the baby of the family don.t know if you will remember this family they moved to Hereford Drive when the properties were demolished.Regards Jeanetta.
Thommos sister

Hi Joe :)
No, I thought it was GR8.
Photobucket deleted one of my hunks I posted in the games.
Someone out there is watching :o

T.S
Eddie

Holywell Street Party, I think this picture was taken about 1952.
George Randles who lived in No 49 is the lad in the top hat and Sylvia Campbell dressed as the bride lived in No 51.

Eddie

Eddie

All aboard the char-à-banc or shar-uh-bang for a trip to pickmere lakes, dont know who ran the trip but there are some people in this picture I recognise from Holywell Street, one is Mrs Randles from No 49.

Eddie

fatboyjoe90

Hi Eddie,
Brilliant photo's ...where have you been hiding them? they are gems. I will have to get my magnifying glass out tonight to see if I can recognize anyone. Can you see the wood between the 2 houses in the middle jigger to stop them leaning inwards. Regarding walking the beat not a chance in hell.
Thanks
:) :) :)
Cheers Joe.
fatboyjoe90

Hi Ts
Big brother comes to mind I have been all day trying to sort it out with loads of help from Marielou a very nice lady.

:lol: :lol:
Cheers Joe.
doddygirl

Brilliant pics. We used to go on charabans trips to Pickmere Lake too, but ours ran from Bowles Street where my Nana lived. Our street parties were in Bowles Street as well.
Irene
barbaratoole

hya ed crackin pics know loads on them both the chara and party. jeancunny ex hubbys cousin freda mcnab kenny ,yer mam randles ,boylans ,wilds they lived in flint st dont know ow they got on there must av gate crashed , was the bride your cousin ?.can you name any to bring back my memory .xx ows kenny give him my love .xxxx
barbaratoole

hya ed crackin pics know loads on them both the chara and party. jeancunny ex hubbys cousin freda mcnab kenny ,yer mam randles ,boylans ,wilds they lived in flint st dont know ow they got on there must av gate crashed , was the bride your cousin ?.can you name any to bring back my memory .xx ows kenny give him my love .xxxxsorry forgot to say i think may cunny or flo randles did all the bookings.
georgruth552

hi my name is george ruth .nice to see someone that remembers our family ,my dad (george ruth )lived in o neil st number 20 i think he started work in a butchers shop in marsh lane riding the delivery bike and then later went to sea and then a docker, he had a brother james and dickie his sisters were vera who worked in a pawn shop marsh lane .and nellie he married my mum jeanette randles , mams family lived in hollywell st. would be great if anyone remembered them, the pics of the coach trip and hollywell st are great i have them pics .and plenty more pics to show you all of the street parties there, i have a brother david ruth , we both live in the bootle area and have kids ourselves my uncle dickie was well known in the marsh lane area he was a small man who was on walking sticks all his life think he had brittle bones etc, love to hear from anyone who remembers my family thanks george
Eddie

georgruth552 wrote:hi my name is george ruth .nice to see someone that remembers our family ,my dad (george ruth )lived in o neil st number 20 i think he started work in a butchers shop in marsh lane riding the delivery bike and then later went to sea and then a docker, he had a brother james and dickie his sisters were vera who worked in a pawn shop marsh lane .and nellie he married my mum jeanette randles , mams family lived in hollywell st. would be great if anyone remembered them, the pics of the coach trip and hollywell st are great i have them pics .and plenty more pics to show you all of the street parties there, i have a brother david ruth , we both live in the bootle area and have kids ourselves my uncle dickie was well known in the marsh lane area he was a small man who was on walking sticks all his life think he had brittle bones etc, love to hear from anyone who remembers my family thanks george

Hiya George, it would be great if you posted your pictures on here for us all to see, do you know the lad dressed in the top hat and tails on the street party picture is your mums brother georgie randles, and the lady 11 from left on the coach trip picture is your mums mother.

Eddie.
georgruth552

thanks eddie yes i knew that was our george in the top hat and also my grandmother i also have them photographs tried to post another pic last night but i must be doing smething wrong will have another go later but yes got plenty of pics to post of all the street parties and may day etc. does anyone know what the post office was called on marsh lane my aunt worked there
georgruth552

also does anyone remember dickie ruth from marsh lane
Eddie

Hey George did your mum own a sefton taxi cab.

Eddie
georgruth552

yes she did eddie , my dad owned it first then and when he passed away it went to my mum. dad started on the cabs about 1985 me and my brother drove for him and now i have my own you must have known my mum well then eddie..
barbaratoole

hya george im a old neighbour of yur nan and grandad flo@george randles ,i still live in herefordv drive where they lived until their deaths god bless them , are you jeanettes son ? i remember george @ elsie , george never married ,we were all brought up to gether ,yur grandad always won the garden comps, he had aboss garden in hereford dr .is yur auntie elsie still going ? i also rememberyur auntie louie yer dads sister we hung round together for a while i think she had a daughter louise they lived up here for awhile .eddie who is on this post laso lived by yer nan ,s family all good neighbours together .i remember nearly all those on all the photo,s happy days then .xx
Eddie

georgruth552 wrote:yes she did eddie , my dad owned it first then and when he passed away it went to my mum. dad started on the cabs about 1985 me and my brother drove for him and now i have my own you must have known my mum well then eddie..

And the last time I saw you was in Blundellsands painting & decorating a new luxury bungalow the Davo's had just built for the bloke who sold a chain of wine stores, its a small world.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eddie
georgruth552

hi barb yes i am jeanette's son i also have a brother David , we were always going up to see my grandad in hereford drive a clp of times a week , i remember he used to tell me about him winning the best garden etc lol. grandad passed away in 1995 we were all very close and went fishing a lot ,its flown over only seams like yesterday i passed his house the other week it looks filthy all rubbish in garden etc shame? .elsie is still going she living up by faz hospital been there for years , and our louie was lovely another one passed away too young, her daughter louise i have not seen her for years the last i heard she was living in bootle somewhere i also have them pics of the kids trip etc will post some myself when i find them am just amazed people are getting back to me about all the old times and remembering my family looking forward to chatting to you all in good time..
georgruth552

lol eddie i must know you ,yes i painted that millionaires house in crosby he kept me on for over 12 months he was a great bloke charlie was his name he had me sorting out his plants and garden etc, lol,,i still speak to davo every now and then ,so did you work for him eddie and what did you do i must know you well did you remember my grandad and my family thanks ..george
NIKO

Hiyah George, did you used to drink in the Derby on Strand rd?.
BEN....