Holywell st

Find Bootle friends and family here
barbaratoole

hya george yes your grandad would turn in grave if he saw the state of his lovely garden ,i think a few people had the house after yur grandad passed away ,i dont know if you remember he always played the banjo! he would go the netherton pub and play it there he loved it. i also remember him going fishing he was up at ducklight to go. well i live right facing his old house im in one of the new ones the built 2000.if you see elsie will you giv her my love .catch yer later george .xxxxxxxxxxxx
georgruth552

hi yes i drunk in the derby arms off strand rd for years , have some of my best years there lol. i even worked there for awhile. the manager john mattews was a great guy, i saw his daughters 2months ago and had a quick chat not seen them for 26 years who are you niko i must know you mate thanks for getting in touch ..george
john james ingham

hi george. you must have new our freddie he drank in there with t. morgan jimmy kelly etc. there was a gang of them me too had many a good night there. john
Pudding

Georgruth522 have you picked up my private message ? Pudding.
Joseph Brennan

hi goerge I am knew to this pc business but I was born & bred in Rhyl st: until we were bombed out when 2 unexploded mines landed on the Friday night . Thank goodness they did not go of till the sunday.I remember Mrs Randles very well she was in fact the local moneylender ,and charged Half A Crown in the Pound interest.My mother often used to send me around to her back door with payments .If your old enough You might remember me I was head altar boy at St: Jimmies for quite a while ,until like many other lads at that time got in trouble with the police (broke into costigans). My dads name was Mick Brennan & worked on the L M S railway for over 40yrs. he was well known as he Used to sing & yodel at the irish clubs & most of the local pbs .The Alex: ie ( Stadium ) was his local Well George I have enjoyed usin my memory & if I can help you with any info: please let me know.
Joe B
georgruth552

hi joe ,would love to know if you knew the rest of my family etc george randles, my dad george ruth from o neil st etc and i never knew my nan randels was a money lender, lol just sorted out some great pics of the bootle parties etc am sure everyone would love them going to get my son to show me how to put them on as am not sure do youremember my uncle dickie at all from o neil st on the lane . thanks george
Eddie

georgruth552 wrote:hi joe ,would love to know if you knew the rest of my family etc george randles, my dad george ruth from o neil st etc and i never knew my nan randels was a money lender, lol just sorted out some great pics of the bootle parties etc am sure everyone would love them going to get my son to show me how to put them on as am not sure do youremember my uncle dickie at all from o neil st on the lane . thanks george

George just to put the record straight it was your great grandmother old Mrs Randles who lived in number 29 Holywell Street that was the money lender and not your nan who lived in number 49 Holywell Street.

Eddie W.
WatsonTommy

had acouple of mates hollywell denbigh flint I LIVED IN AUDLEY THANKS AGAIN FOR THE PHOTO OF T/A AND HAVE A PHOTO OF THE ALEX PUB BUT DONT KNOW HOW TO SEND PHOTOS OVER
Jan

:D

Hi Watson Tommy,

Mack has put a link on the site on how to post photo's on the forum, good luck, if you get stuck give us a shout.

http://www.bootlehistory.co.uk/forum/vi ... php?t=3772

Jan
Old genealogists never die......they just lose their census.
georgruth552

thanks, eddie yes i never new my great gran was a money lender lol she moved to durham ave netherton when they pulled hollywell st down got some great pics to put on the site eddie will get my lad to do them this week ok.. george
georgruth552

Yes I did drink in the derby arms in the 80,s
georgruth552

yes i did drink in the derby arms , in the early 80 s i also worked there as well great boozer then