Ryans

Find Bootle friends and family here
SydneyRyan1921

I am looking for some information on my Grandfather who was born in Bootle.

Sydney Ryan, born 1 Devon Street, Bootle on 14 June 1921. Was a printer. Was in the RAF, but not sure as to his details.

His Parents were:
James Luke Ryan
D.o.B. April 1880

Martha Edwards
D.o.B. 17 July 1881

Any photos of the area, anyone know any Ryan's that would have left Liverpool for South Africa?

So lost on this part of my research.

My thanks in advance
ALAMO2008

Gone now.
Last edited by ALAMO2008 on Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forshaw

Hello Alamo
I lived at 8 Devon Street Bootle . Our house was directly opposite the Ryan’s . Jean Ryan was my friend back then . We were very young . I remember old Mrs Ryan . I vaguely remember young Mrs Ryan . I know you went to Bloemfontein I think . My Mum told me there was great excitement in the Street when Mr Ryan arrived back in Bootle with a South African wife back then .
It’s hard to find photos of Devon Street . I walked Brookhill Road 4 years ago and Devon. Street is now a field belonging to Christ Church School .
1 Devon Street had stables at the side and back of it and a marvellous thing a plumbed in bath in the shed .
After the family left the Lesurfs moved in and they were sawdust merchants and used the stables for the horses .
Not sure if my big sister might remember more .
We do occasionally talk about the Ryan’s as my sister lives in South Africa . I live in Australia.
I’ll ask next time we talk . You never know . All the best in your search Cheers Jean