Bootle YMCA

Find Bootle friends and family here
Paul McCabe

Anyone out there who went to Bootle YMCA circa 1968 & remembers the trip to Botley (Southampton).......???
Paul McCabe

Next year I'm meeting up with some people from this Bootle YMCA trip to Botley (Southampton) back in 1968 & would be interested to know if any photos of it exist.

However, the only people I think may have some would be the YMCA leaders at that time; Doug Ward & Ray & Rob Rogers.

Here's hoping they spot this.

Cheers

P
awelfryn34

Hi Paul, played for YM and I think you may remember me from school
everliver

Paul will have a look for some football picture of lads in the YM Good memory's of the YM :D :D :D
Paul McCabe

Hi 'Awelfryn'.....that sounds interesting.....(I've sent you a PM). :-)

& Thanks 'EverLiver'.....there's some great football pics on the 'Bootle JOC' thread.

Whilst trawling the site, I came across this thread but sadly Jean has passed away. RIP Jean. She was a lovely lady & a stalwart @ Bootle YMCA.

http://www.bootlehistory.co.uk/forum/vi ... 70#p110070
Paul McCabe

Well, …..(10 years later )…..I finally met up with a couple of guys from that trip to Botley in 1968.....!!

url=https://postimg.cc/image/ajfdxseil/]Image[/url]

L to R; Jimmy Russell, George Brejnik (a mate from Prague who was also on that trip), Tony Russell & self.

Above is a photo of yours truly (left) attacking a 'Drop ball' in the upstairs part of YMCA on BREEZE Hill......in the winter of 1964...….that's Ray (or Rob) Rogers in the centre.

Check out the lads climbing up the radiator to sit on the window sill to await the next game...…….Winners stay on !!

NB...…….nobody is wearing any trace of a "Replica Kit"......except futty socks...……..I probably wore that shirt in school that very day....!!…..& my black plimsoles aren't 'Adidas' either.....!!

Above is a photo taken around the same time of the downstairs main hall in Bootle YMCA in BREEZE Hill. (1964).

I remember well the home made cakes (2d) made by the head leader (Fred Coppin, a small round faced guy who hailed from the London area) & would always finish my shift of Table Tennis, 5-a-side, Judo, Badminton with a hot mug of OxO (1d)........then leggit home.

Happy Daze. :-)
Invicta

Great memories Paul,
I mentioned on the other thread about the rag ball we used in the prefab on Stanley Rd.
Copping was there then, very theatrical type I recall, he had us do a London show, I was dressed as a binman :lol:
Ken

ps My Son used to live in Botley.