Arelene lawrenson nee mayfield

Find Bootle friends and family here
Elainelesley

I am looking for Arsenal lawrenson who was a very good friend of my sister Pauline behn nee smith. Arlene has remarried and I do not know her married name but if anyone knows where she is living or can put me in contact with her I would be very grateful. She did live in formby for a while and has two sons John and Derek who will be in their fifties now. We all came from the fernhill road area of bootle neat Derby park. Many thanks
Jan

Hi Elaine,

Welcome to the site.

I have sent you an e-mail.

Jan
Old genealogists never die......they just lose their census.
Glenys

Elaine,

Arlene was living in Formby, used to see her around the shops. I am certain she passed away last year.
I remember her from Bootle Grammar.

Glenys
Lived Linacre Lane, Trinity Road & Knowsley Road.
Elainelesley

Glenys - thank you for replying. Arlene would be about 79 the same age as my sister and I think she did go to Bootle Girls Grammar, as did I. Although, I am 18 years younger than my sister, Pauline- the baby of the family at 61. Pauline has lived in Australia for the past 28 years and sadly now has Alzeimers. This was a last ditch attempt by me to see if Arlene was still living locally. I live in Crosby and would have liked to visit her and tell her about Pauline as they were great friends in their heyday and both used to compete in beauty contests. Pauline won Miss Reece in about 1957/58. Do you know if Arlene's sons are still living in Formby. Many thanks Lesley Akers
Glenys

Lesley,
Arlene was always very glamorous, blonde, slim.
Think I remember a Margaret Philson/Filson who could have been about the same age as your sister.
I will get back to you if I find out anything.
Glenys
p.s. found birth ref. for Arlene 1939.
sons John G. 1962.
Derek C. 1965.
Jan

Lesley,

Did you get my e-mail?

You can search the electoral roll for free here https://www.searchelectoralroll.co.uk/E ... Search.asp

There is a possible listing for Derek C. I can't give out the details on the open forum, because of privacy reasons.

You would have to pay a small sub to be able to get the full address details.

Hope that helps. I have sent you a PM

Jan
Jan

:(

I will send you another PM Lesley.

Glenys was right with her info re Arleen!

Jan
Joycen60

Glynis

I knew Margaret Filson, her sister Joan was a good friend of mine. They lived in Parkfield Avenue, near Aintree Station. Didn't realise that she was so much older than Joan. Would love to hear from Joan, last I knew she was living in The Lake District.
Lived Olive grove- just in Bootle. Schools Netherton Moss A, Netherton Park and Bootle Girls Grammar
Glenys

Joyce,
Margaret married Colin Pratt, now divorced, and at one time lived in the Lake district. I am in contact with Colin, he now lives Germany.
I will rummage around and see if I can find Colin's email address for you.
Glenys
Joycen60

Glenys, Thank You, that would be great. Perhaps Joan moved to the Lake District to be near Margaret.

Joan and I went to see the Beatles at The Empire in 1963. I can also remember her coming to hide round my house when she dyed her hair and it went bright orange! We also used to hang about Parkfield Ave when the hooter went at The Metal Box in the hope of seeing some of the young men who worked there!

Such happy memories!
Lived Olive grove- just in Bootle. Schools Netherton Moss A, Netherton Park and Bootle Girls Grammar
Glenys

Re Arlene, her first husband died, I have found John G.Lawrenson b.c. 1936, died 1965, registered Chester. Think he was a racing driver, not sure whether full time or a hobby!
Elainelesley

Glenys - John Lawrenson used to race cars as a hobby and I believe he had an accident in one when racing. His family used to own Lawrensons coaches/haulage on the corner of Merton Road/Hawthorne Road opposite Christ Church. When Arleen and John were first married they lived in the coach house next door and I remember being taken there as a child by my sister, Pauline, to visit Arleen in her new home. Its a lovely black and white timber building, think its up for sale at the moment and believe it may be a listed building.

Thanks again for all your help. Many thanks Lesley
Glenys

Lesley,
Glad to be of help; anything else just ask!!!

Joyce,
Hope you got my p.m. with Colin's email address ??? I had a bit of trouble sending it!

Glenys
Glenys

Joyce,
I resent you Colin's email address earlier; did you get it?
Glenys
Joycen60

Glenys,

Message received Thank You. Will let you know how I get on.

Joyce
Caroline Deshannon

Hi, I have just come across this, I am Arlene’s step daughter, I’m new to this site and am unsure how to respond to you privately. Arlene married my father Ernest Buck. Feel free to contact me maybe I can answer some of your questions x