Frederick George Davies

Find Bootle friends and family here
jackie64

I am researching my family tree and found my great uncle Frederick George Davies born 1891 in Toxteth Park, he married Jane Gibson, also known as Jean, in 1934 in Bootle and at that time he was living at 82 Hawthorne Road and working as a draper, I am interested to know where he worked, on his retirement he was given a pocket watch, does anybody have any clues, we have some photo's of him in fancy dress so I was thinking that he may have been involved in amateur dramatics.
nicolas

82 Hawthorne Rd

lily8

Hi Jackie if I have the right chap, Frederick George Davies DOB 1/6/1891 and his wife Jane DOB 17/5/1893 were residing at 6 Trinity Grove Crosby in 1939 he lists his occupation as a draper in his own business. I would say for certain from the photo he would have been involved in am/dram, in his later life he may have worked as an employee thus the retirement gift, or perhaps he later had staff that gave it to him???
Lily
BOBHAMO

Hi Jackie :D :D :D with Lily giving the 1938 info :D :D :D :D
in 1949 fredrick is down as a traveller same adress
and in 1962 Jane Davies the houses are still there
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
lily8

Nice one Bob :D

Jackie looking at the theatrical photo I feel that it is from a local Gilbert and Sullivan or some such group, the outfit seems to fit the 20's version of a Yeoman of the guard in a production of the same name, hard to be definite in black and white but I think the rosettes on the shoes give it away??
Lily
Thommos sister

Welcome to the Forum Jackie, well done to Nicolas, Bob and Lily. Very interesting topic for sure. T.S :D Fredk Geo would have been over 40 when he married?