Please help me searching for my half brothers and sisters

Find Bootle friends and family here
jasminesmum2010

I'm searching for my half brother and sisters please help me my dad's name Thomas Vincent Williams born sept 1930, brother Charles leslie williams, Mother Elizabeth Williams (1907-1982) I have an address of 7 Braemar street. My dad Thomas moved to stevenage in the 1960s then met my mum but he left behind 4 children, I only have the names of 3 tommy, Sue and doreen I'm desperate for any help or information anyone can give me or at least guide me in the right direction I know that this will probably open a big can of worms but I have been wanting to get in touch for a long time now I would love to find them and fill in some missing pieces
BOBHAMO

welcome Jasmine :D :D :D
these photos 1953 coronation party are in Braemar street
looking at the street directories it will take a while as there are so many williams :D :D
i have some more photos will find them
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
BOBHAMO

1968 there are over 25 Mrs E Williams local, the Braemar street residents are not listed only 2
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
Sheelagh Tequila

A warm welcome to the site Jasmine, best of luck with your search, you`ve made a good start with Bob H helping you.

Sheelagh :D
jasminesmum2010

Thank you for the pictures I've been on ancestry site and tried to find more information but it's so hard when I don't quite know specific date of birth etc for my half brother and sister's it's just guess work I am really hoping to find anyone that may remember something
BOBHAMO

With it being over 50 years the siblings would be early 60s , 70s
the girls ,married , and finding then now is really difficult
thomas his son might be the better choice .
Braemar street is almost the border of bootle and kirkdale
and so the kids could have gone to a liverpool school
it would be great if some one who lived in the street could get in touch
i wish you luck Jasmine
this site has a good record for finding people
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
jasminesmum2010

Thank you bob I managed to find a marriage record for a valerie Buxton to Thomas Vincent Williams could potentially be the mother of my brother and sisters I have also found a picture I will try and upload
BOBHAMO

Thats a good start Jasmine are genies Jan and lily , tomos sister
are the top sleuths :D :D :D :D
when they see this post i am sure with the info
they can help you
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
Jan

Hi Jasminesmum.

Welcome to the site.

What year do you have the address for in Breamar Street? The reason why I ask is, if you contact Crosby library archives, and ask if they could have a look at the electoral rolls for the year(s) you have for Breamar Street and as if they can give you the names listed at number 7, this might help.

I helped another member on here some time ago (Jan Purchase) Jan was in a similar situation to you, and that was what I advised Jan to do, she was able to find her dad listed on the electoral rolls from the 1960's and the name of the woman who he was living with at the time, so I had a look in the BMD indexes, found the marriage and the names of Jan's half siblings, then was able to trace one of her half brothers. The story had a very happy ending, Jan met up with her half siblings and now they are in constant touch with each other and visit each other often.

Crosby Library
Crosby Road North
Waterloo
England
L22 0LQ

Telephone:

0151 257 6401

Email:

local.history@sefton.gov.uk

They are very helpful there.

If they get back to you with the information on who was living at the address at the time, send me a PM and I will try and help you, but please don't put any info on the open forum, this is to protect personal information of any possible living people, who may see the forum, and may not want their personal details given out.

Best of luck with this.

Jan :D
Old genealogists never die......they just lose their census.
jasminesmum2010

Hi jan thanks for your post I got the address from my nans death certificate dated 1982 and it was also listed on my mum and dads marriage certificate under my dads address in 1967
Jan

Hiya,

Difficult one isn't it?

Would you happen to know if the children's births were registered surname Williams? It could be that your dad and the children's mother may not have been married, and the births were registered under the mother's surname.

I did find a birth registered Williams mother's maiden name Buxton, but that was the only one registered. in Liverpool.

Sorry for all the questions, but on your parents marriage cert, does it say if your dad was a widower, or if a previous marriage had dissolved?

Jan
jasminesmum2010

On my mum and dads marriage certificate he is listed as a bachelor
The only factual information I have are the children's first names I honestly don't know anything else it was all hush hush no one spoke about it. My dad suffered with dementia towards the end and spoke alot about a Valerie I have a picture of them but I can't figure out how to upload ot to this site
Jan

More questions for you.

Do you happen to know your granddads name on your dad's side, does the marriage cert mention your dad's father's name?

The reason I ask is, you could get a copy of the marriage cert for Tom V Williams - Valerie Buxton, this will give details of his father's name, address and father's occupation. It might help, with the addresses and ages at marriage. I know it will cost £9.25 for the copy of the marriage cert, but it will confirm either way if the marriage was that of your dad and Valerie.

Here is a link that Mack our admin has put on, on how to put photo's on the site.
http://www.bootlehistory.co.uk/forum/vi ... =4&t=28828

Jan
BOBHAMO

good job Jan :D :D
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
Jan

:D

Thanks Bob.

I had a bit of a dig around and came across a baptism for the following:-

Name:
Colin George Williams

Birth Date:
30 Jan 1958

Christening Date:
16 Feb 1958

Christening Place:
Liverpool, Lancashire, England

Christening Age:

Father:
Thomas Vernon Williams

Mother:
Valerie

So I think the Tom V Williams - Valerie Buxton marriage can be disregarded.

Jan