Virginia Street 1901

Find Bootle friends and family here
rendough

Hello
wonder if anyone can help me please, my Grandad and his family lived at 23 Virginia Street Bootle, and according to the 1901 census his wife Mary Ann Williams nee Mortimer was living there, but I have been told that she died early in 1901 through childbirth, she was supposed to have had twins and they were put one in each of her arm to be buried with her, is there anyway I can find out more about this. Thomas was a Pawnbroker, and I have been told that Mary Ann bred dogs.

Mary Ann came from Idle in Bradford and that's where her and Thomas married.

Many thanks in advance

rendoug
lily8

Such a sad story Rendough but a very warm welcome to this site:::

From the marriage record we can see that he was listed as a 36 year old widower on the marriage cert from St Johns Bradford, 5th Feb 1890, banns had also been read at Ormskirk 3 times in Jan and Feb 1890. It maybe a little difficult to locate the twins if they were stillborn as not registered. I would kindly suggest obtaining a copy of her death certificate which should provide us with something more to go on. The death registered at Liverpool in the June quarter 1891 giving same birth age, may likely be the one it is ref 8B 41.f you need any help as to get it just let us know.
Lily