My name is Maureen O'Brien until 1960. Please help

Find Bootle friends and family here
alamo11

My name is Maureen O'Brien until 1960 when I married Allen Prescott. We came to New Zealand 1964 and then to Australia in 1972. I have tried numerous times to do my family history from my Grandparent on my mothers side of the family. Using the Bootle Times site which I did get a few bits of information which was very helpful and I have been able to contact a small of my cousins.

My Grandparents lived in Dove Road Orrell Park they had 10 (ten) children (NO TV in those days Ha !) from these ten children my last count was 33 first cousins. Now with face Book I have been able to contact a few third and fourth cousins! However I have need of more information regarding THE MAHER family in Orrell Park siblings, their names are from first born and, who they married to the last born. a). Thomas (Tommy) Maher married Mary Cooney had two daughters, any information end of Tommy. b) Andy I have all his information. c). Mary Maher married Walter (Wally) Price had 8 children: 1. John (Johnny) married Maire (Tomarco?) 2. Walter married Tessie Flynn. 3. Ellen (aka) Pat married Harry Forbes had two daughters (one deceased). 4. Vera married Paul Jones (deceased, worked in the mines) children? 5. Phyllis now deceased was married ?Colton had three children. 6. Marie married ? did have a family no information regarding her. 7. Thomas aka Tommy I have NO information at all on him. 8. Joseph aka Joey had a nickname "Scrapper"? Mary's husband died, buried in NZ, while she was expecting this last child, end of Mary Maher Family. d) Winnie Maher married Michael aka Mike Kenny had 6? I can get this information from her daughter who I still have contact with. e) Ann Maher married Noel Collict I have contact with Francis their daughter . f) Margaret aka Peggy married William aka Bill O'Brien my Mum and Dad deceased within ten days of each other in 1970! dad 52years mum 49 year.
g) Joseph aka Joey married Mary O'Keefe had 7/8 boys I know 2 went to Canada with their wives any information.
h) Treasa Maher married / divorced then married Jimmy Austin had adopted son Jamie Austin (still lives in Liverpool??) any information i) Kathleen Maher (deceased young) married Dave Morris two children Peter and and a girl. any information Please!

I would be more than grateful. Thanking you in advance Maureen
Liverpool Docks 1957-63 Left U.K. 1963. NZ 8 Years. Australia 39 years. Maureen O'Brien Viola St. Like to hear from anyone who may remembers us.
Mack
Site Admin

Hi Maureen,

I've moved your post over from "Chat About Anything" to our "Looking For" section for more replies.

Fingers crossed our excellent "Genies" can provide you with more info :)

Mack (Bootle site admin)
TonyP

Hi Maureen
Last saw you by chance in NZ 1964. Ironic since we lived right next door to each other for 20 years in Viola Street.
I still live in wonderful Godzone
Hope you are successful with your family search and that
all is well with you and yours.
Tonyp
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

I have happy memories of Viola Street but probably a decade or so earlier than mentioned on this thread.

I was born at #55 and was staying with my aunt and family at #57 in 1941 when the other side of the road vanished overnight. I know there were pre-fabs built on the site and they were there when I lived in Bianca Street (#56) from 1943 to 1957. One of the disappointments with the information on site is that folk mention where they lived but don't usually mention the dates. It makes a world of difference as over a period of ten years or so the whole neighbourhood of residents changed dramatically.